• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Whoa! Massive Air in a Donzi

Cant get it to load at work but if its the one im thinking it might be there are some after math pics of the boat on here somewhere and it was not pretty...

attachment.php

All I keep saying to myself is 9.8 meters/second^2 direct down. Ouch.

Yeah...that's a lot of mass falling and it's at least 30 feet from their apex to the trough if that really is a 35 foot boat. Damn...that had to be a brutal impact.

I copied and pasted from OSO. It works for me but I'm also logged into OSO on this PC. It is the side of the boat with a large crack in it.

If I remember correctly, the operator of the vessel exceeded the maximum structural speed of the hull a moment after cresting the swell. I also believe that all occupants of the vessel experienced weightlessness for a few anxious moments before deceleration sickness enveloped the first third of the hull.

Ka BOOM! That 's been around for a while. Still hurts to see.
Donzi destroyed. Still interesting in the off season.
Like the full-chested mother and daughter tossed around by the idiot in some high-speed shootout that he was underprepared for in his quarter million dollar rocket.
LOVE that stuff!:rof:

Yeah, it's not often you see a boat exceed max rate of climb only to be followed by exceeding max rate of descent and then follow it up with a severe overstress. In the aviation biz, we call that "varsity".

That be the Donzi i was thinking! If i remember right i read a story on it awhile back and there were several broken bones in the after math to go with the totaled boat... And that Fountain that Keith posted also never gets old! But a reminder that s**t can happen fast!

Yar, That be the one. Rich boy. Bikini'd mom and daughter. cameraman.
Fast boat. Not enough experience. Poor Judgement.
Jiggle dream. Dental nightmare.
Screen-2012-09-04_22-59.jpg

Back