• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

78 Trimate-III Resto....

an update as i havent done in a while....

got the windshield back on this week, I cut it down about 4 inches... i also realized I didnt post my rigging pics so I will dig them back up and post so forgive the out of order pics....

the last couple of weeks I have been tinkering with setup more than resto, so not much to post about resto....

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 69
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 69
The boat looks great! Tinted and cut windshield really make the look. Im about to short out my keyboard drooling. Great job.

Trey stopped by the house Friday night, we took the windshield apart and buffed out the yellow in the plexiglass. What a difference it made, unfortuantely I didn't get to see the final product over the weekend.

Got the same boat except in a two tone Blue/Tan metallic color. Re did all the seats and gauges with some minor motor work. (1977 Mercury 1500). Next work will be on the soft spot in the back of the boat.

Do you have any plans on redoing the floor or carpet in the interior?

Here are a few more pictures of Treys mate from the lake today.

Attachments

• DSCN1016.jpg
    DSCN1016.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1018.jpg
    DSCN1018.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN1021.jpg
    DSCN1021.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 51
Thanks Cm for posting the pics!

Yeah I plan to redo the interior... All of it, while my floor seems ok ATM I am guessing to see something differnt when I pull the carpet.. I adjust waiting to the end of boating season before I dig into that which will be inabout a month or so... I redid the seat bases which I will be posting tomorrow, it is a little differnt than what others have been doing(I'll explain with pics) also my floor plans are a little unorthodox also but needless to say it will be stronger, lighter hopefully faster and never rot again! Robbie has heard what I'm doing, I think he likes the idea so I guess I'm not to crazy!! Lol

Sweet. I wont be able to start our boat until a couple of months too, but instead of putting back carpet I was thinking of putting some kind of rubber non slick floor. Something along the lines of "Durabak" in a blue to match the rest of the boat.

Sweet. I wont be able to start our boat until a couple of months too, but instead of putting back carpet I was thinking of putting some kind of rubber non slick floor. Something along the lines of "Durabak" in a blue to match the rest of the boat.

I used tuff coat from Overton's on my floor, you can see it in my Enforcer floor resto.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. The soft spot "feels" small, but Im kinda afraid that it may be worse than i suspect.

Best bet is to replace the whole floor, I've replaced two floors that started with soft spots. Good Luck!!

Sorry guys for being MIA.... been a crazy off season...kidney surgery in the fall, shoulder surgery a couple of months ago, started a new biz, build a place to live,etc mate kinda fell on the priority list...

The good news is she started right up when I pulled her out last weekend...:bigthumb:

Bad news... I had to idle home for three hours after one of the fuel pumps decided to go...I guess I should complain to much about a 32 year old fishin mota!:mad:

Well hopefully the shoulder will hurry up and get where I can do some more work on her, otherwise she will have to wait till next fall...Ill still take her out but she will look like a good ole redneck boat...She's fast, She got new paint, but when ya look inside your like WTF..:rof:

Sorry guys for being MIA.... been a crazy off season...kidney surgery in the fall, shoulder surgery a couple of months ago, started a new biz, build a place to live,etc mate kinda fell on the priority list...

The good news is she started right up when I pulled her out last weekend...:bigthumb:

Bad news... I had to idle home for three hours after one of the fuel pumps decided to go...I guess I should complain to much about a 32 year old fishin mota!:mad:

Well hopefully the shoulder will hurry up and get where I can do some more work on her, otherwise she will have to wait till next fall...Ill still take her out but she will look like a good ole redneck boat...She's fast, She got new paint, but when ya look inside your like WTF..:rof:

Damn johnnyrude!!!! Are you up for the lake Memorial day weekend? I've only cranked mine, time to add water!!!

Im always up for a ride...verdict still out on the shoulder, really kicked my butt trying to put it back on the trailer one handed.....

Im always up for a ride...verdict still out on the shoulder, really kicked my butt trying to put it back on the trailer one handed.....

We can get the boat back on the trailer!!! How's the truck handle pulling the boat?

Other than refusing to pass a gas pump...it does ok.... but 11.5 mpg with no boat behind it, kinda scared to see with....

Welcome back. Glad to hear there is improvement with your health.

Time to get in some water therapy!

Good luck with the new venture.

Jim

Trey and Robbie, you guys are going to make me want to join. I still have nothing together yet, should have the playmate running this weekend tho!!

Back