• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

Rob B

Staff member
I've got all the glass work done for the new setback bracket and while it's apart decided to repaint the Enforcer. The are some paint peeling on the deck from the previous owners paint job. Rather than touching up certain areas I'll repaint the Enforcer from the deck down. This time will be spraying instead of roll and tip method. :thumb: I'll be using a hvlp gun and air compressor to keep the overspray down since the paint job will be under the carport. So far I've removed the rub rail and started sanding the sides. I need to finish removing the windshield, cleats and other hardware on the deck. Hopefully I can do that in the morning before heading to the N laws for Christmas Eve family gathering.:D Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN2752.jpg
    DSCN2752.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2753.jpg
    DSCN2753.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN2754.jpg
    DSCN2754.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 57
Why do I feel like not to long ago we were right here and you were painting your boat? Am I going crazy or did you sand it all down again?

Why do I feel like not to long ago we were right here and you were painting your boat? Am I going crazy or did you sand it all down again?

You're correct!!! When I replaced the transom the paint didn't match so ended up repainting the sides to match. I didn't have a air compressor back then so I used the roll and tip method. This time it gets sprayed. Also I was quoted $3500.00 to spray the boat and that's with me doing the prep work.:shakehead:

Notice the color difference between the gunnell and deck. The reds are a different shade. If you look close the red on the deck is peeling. This will all be the same color/shade of red when I'm done.

Attachments

• DSCN2750.jpg
    DSCN2750.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 69
Notice the color difference between the gunnell and deck. The reds are a different shade. If you look close the red on the deck is peeling. This will all be the same color/shade of red when I'm done.

Time for a poll? :rof: "Which red should Robby repaint his boat, the lighter gunnel color or the darker deck color?"

I vote the slightly darker color! Does this picture do the colors justice Robby? I know my camera has trouble with reds sometimes.

My camera makes the color look really drastic. I'll try to find a better one out in the sun. My plan is to paint the gunnell and the bump out black, which is the orginal color then red on the sides. The top/deck will be red with black stripe and the cockpit will stay white. However the original colors were red bottom, white sides, black gunnell and bump out and a white deck with a black stripe.

I got all the hardware and windshield removed this morning. Next up will be sanding the deck and drivers side to get it ready for painting. The boat looks different without the windshield, thinking of leaving it off. Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN2764.jpg
    DSCN2764.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN2768.jpg
    DSCN2768.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN2770.jpg
    DSCN2770.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 62
Looks cool without the windshield, but I think after picking bugs out of your teeth once or twice and you will want it back on.

Looks cool without the windshield, but I think after picking bugs out of your teeth once or twice and you will want it back on.

You took the words right out of my mouth, I owned a 80 mph boat with no windshield and other than it looking cool I would have preferred to have one, lots of bugs, plus for the most part I prefer the look of most of the mate's with the windshield on, if there is a model that could get away without having it it's yours tho, I'm not a fan of the smaller boats with them taken off, they usually don't look right without it, now that I see yours with it off it almost looks like it was made that way, I guess I can't make up my mind, LOL, depends if you like bugs or not :p

You took the words right out of my mouth, I owned a 80 mph boat with no windshield and other than it looking cool I would have preferred to have one, lots of bugs, plus for the most part I prefer the look of most of the mate's with the windshield on, if there is a model that could get away without having it it's yours tho, I'm not a fan of the smaller boats with them taken off, they usually don't look right without it, now that I see yours with it off it almost looks like it was made that way, I guess I can't make up my mind, LOL, depends if you like bugs or not :p

I think the Enforcer looks good either way, however if the windshield is not on the cockpit cover will not fit. Actually I like to "tuck in" behind the windshield when running across the lake so I'll put it back on after painting.:thumb:

I usually like the smaller boats with a windshield. Yours does look good without it. Wonder how it would look with a small race style fairing in place of the windshield.

Back