• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

Beautiful Checkmate Robbie

Robbie You did a Great Job.......WTG......Very Beautiful Checkmate. Enjoy Your Summer and Best Wishes Always Sammie Action Marine

Your Check is comming out beautiful --- very nice work....
I almost can't wait to do the repaint on my Vision next winter --- unfortunately I'm not as talented as you in the marine painting area, so I'm gonna rely on some paint expert to over charge me.....however I will be doing all the prep myself.
Can't wait to see pics of your Check in the water.

Kurt

Looks great! I can see from the pics that the keel isn't on the front roller nor touching the front of the bunks...thought about dropping the winch and bow post down a little?

I still got a few adjustments on the trailer to make, needs to come up on the left side looking at the stern.The boat is lower on that side. I'll take a look at the winch, might need to slide the boat forward a liitle more.

Your Check is comming out beautiful --- very nice work....
I almost can't wait to do the repaint on my Vision next winter --- unfortunately I'm not as talented as you in the marine painting area, so I'm gonna rely on some paint expert to over charge me.....however I will be doing all the prep myself.
Can't wait to see pics of your Check in the water.

Kurt
Get a hold of me Kurt when your ready. Robbie did all the prep to my specs and from there I did the paint work. I don't have the overhead of most shops. You can search around and find 4 boats from this site alone I have done :thumb:

I still got a few adjustments on the trailer to make, needs to come up on the left side looking at the stern.The boat is lower on that side. I'll take a look at the winch, might need to slide the boat forward a liitle more.
Can you drop the other side down? I like my boats sitting in the trailer, not on the trailer if that makes sense!! Plus, the lower it sits, the less you have to back into the water to load / unload. That can be the difference between wet feet or dry feet for the winch operator :bigthumb:

Can you drop the other side down? I like my boats sitting in the trailer, not on the trailer if that makes sense!! Plus, the lower it sits, the less you have to back into the water to load / unload. That can be the difference between wet feet or dry feet for the winch operator :bigthumb:

I think so. I'll go look shortly. The inner bunk might be low as it can go, I'll comfirm that.

Ok the right inner bunk looking at the stern is low as it can go. I can raise the left inner bunk up to level the boat out. Also I lowered the bow stop down until the keel sat on the roller now. Thanks Sam!!!

Paint work

Get a hold of me Kurt when your ready. Robbie did all the prep to my specs and from there I did the paint work. I don't have the overhead of most shops. You can search around and find 4 boats from this site alone I have done :thumb:

Very kool, are you in the New England area?

Kurt

Back