• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Persuader Boats Buys Wahoo Powerboats.

cooperider

This is kind of a big deal for me, and it took a lot of work to make it happen. I've been putting this together for most of the summer, but I finally signed the papers yesterday.
But here it is,
Coop and Persuader Boats has purchased Wahoo Powerboats.

Wahoo, has been building the boat that used to be called St. Marten, Paradise, Fantasy, Etc. Now I, or rather, my crew, will be building these famous little 13 footers. Along with an 11ft model as well as a 15 footer.

You can get a look at the boats by going to www.wahoopowerboats.com

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170803_150542.jpg
    20170803_150542.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 222
Good job Coop! Don't forget to mention they are kind of the successor to the playmate GT

While everyone is off barbecuing or boating or whatever this weekend, I have three projects at the shop that need a lot of love. SCT's boat, my 170 mold, and the molds for 13.
I've taken my pain meds, my handful of Advil, called my helpers, gonna grab a McBreakfast and head to the shop.

The molds for 15 are due sometime next week, and the 11 should come right after that.
And, I need to start working on a new website later tonight.

Good job Coop! Don't forget to mention they are kind of the successor to the playmate GT

It is the child successor to the Classic Playmate GT. It is a couple generations down from the original, but I think they came up with a really good look for the boat.

Here is a picture of the 13, and the 15 together.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1957678_753289854755706_1946502952872603631_o.jpg
    1957678_753289854755706_1946502952872603631_o.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 205
Call me crazy but i'd love to see the 13' footer with a jet pump and hot jetski motor for power!! Probably not enough room for a 2-stroker jetski engine but it's a cool thought, hell i'd even consider selling my jetski to buy one!

Congrats Coop !!! are you going to try to set up any kind of dealer network at this point ? cool boats, working with my son on one as we speak...Rob

Congrats Coop !!! are you going to try to set up any kind of dealer network at this point ? cool boats, working with my son on one as we speak...Rob

Going for dealers, changing their business model a bit. They sold to independent "distributors", no boat business experience was necessary. It was marketed as a side business or a retirement business.
Me, I'm going to hit the dealers, and hit the rental companies.

Check out, www.speedboatadventures.com tell me if that don't look like fun.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mini_speed_boats_Ohio..jpg
    mini_speed_boats_Ohio..jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 152
Going for dealers, changing their business model a bit. They sold to independent "distributors", no boat business experience was necessary. It was marketed as a side business or a retirement business.
Me, I'm going to hit the dealers, and hit the rental companies.

Check out, www.speedboatadventures.com tell me if that don't look like fun.

attachment.php

Those would be pretty sweet to rent up here in Grand Haven. You could easily spend the day exploring the Grand River, Spring Lake and even Lake Michigan on a calm day.
Looking forward to see how this grows!

I need a bigger shop. And more helpers.

attachment.php

Here is how we started the day.

Attachments

• 20170916_144910[1].jpg
    20170916_144910[1].jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 101
The Persuader 130 hull mold is buffed, painted and ready for a wax schedule.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170916_225724[1].jpg
    20170916_225724[1].jpg
    45 KB · Views: 106
While my helper is having fun painting this mold, you can't see me. I'm on the other side of SCT's boat wet sanding the side. My back was hurting so it was a nice sit down job for me.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170916_220718[1].jpg
    20170916_220718[1].jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 105
Back