• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New 20ft Pulsare. 73 mph with a 200 Optimax

WILDMAN

We had a nice calm 85 degree day today. We took mt 21 Pulsare and a new 20ft Pulsare out for a 90 mile run today. Here's a pic of the 20 at 73 mph with a 200 Optimax.

Attachments

• 20ft flame at 73 mph.jpg
    20ft flame at 73 mph.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 86
  • 20ft Flame Lk George side.jpg
    20ft Flame Lk George side.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 83
I did'nt want anyone in these pics, so we gave it full throttle and jumped out. This way, no driver to take away from the boats

Attachments

• 21 side lk George.jpg
    21 side lk George.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20ft Flame no driver.jpg
    20ft Flame no driver.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 79
The flamed 20 ran out of gas, so I towed it back at 50 mph. People sure did look at us weird as we passed them at 50 with a boat in tow. The 21 ran 74-75 with the 225 Optimax.

Attachments

• 20ft flame  50mph tow.jpg
    20ft flame 50mph tow.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 81
damn it looks fun. i have about 2 more months before i can even think about seeing 85 and sunny.

Randy, thanks for sharing. :)

Do you find the 20 handles much differently than the 21?

WILDMAN said:
I did'nt want anyone in these pics, so we gave it full throttle and jumped out. This way, no driver to take away from the boats
April fools was yesterday.:sssh:

The 20 does'nt handle very well under tow. Actually, I think the 21 handles better at top speed. It may be the additional setback on my 21 though. The 20 is about 3-5 mph faster with the same power though. I had a 25 Trophy on the 20 and was hitting the limiter at 73 mph.

Hmmmm......

Towing a boat at 50 MPH.....

Can you say photoshop, cut and paste a Baja in where the Mate is and the caption...

"The fastest Baja ever" :D

The mind is a dangerous thing. :rof:

Thats why the one ran out of gas he had to wait for it to quit running so he could catch up and get back in the boat.:sssh:

After you had the driver of the 20 jump out at full throttle, You told him to sit in the 20 and hit the brakes at the stop signs.

WILDMAN said:
We had a nice calm 85 degree day today. We took mt 21 Pulsare and a new 20ft Pulsare out for a 90 mile run today. Here's a pic of the 20 at 73 mph with a 200 Optimax.
90 mile run...were you on lake okeechobee??

We were on the St. Johns River and Lake George. I have a 300x that I use as a test motor on alot of boats. That's what was on my 21. I've been thinking about trying it out on the 20ft. It would sure be a wild ride, probably mid ninetys and a handful to drive.
Actually, the no driver was just a matter of ducking down. It was so calm and a 14 mile lake, that we were ducked down for a mile at a time taking pics. We also hit an 8ft gator at 50 mph. Kicked the motor right up. I guess he did'nt move fast enough. We saw a couple 12-13 footers too.

A 8 foot gator? So you have a boat with a cracked tramson forsale? Whats that do to a prop? Sorry I live in Michagan. We only have rocks and stumps.

Actually, 8ft is considered pretty small around here. They don't bother you. We used to try and slalom ski over the top of them when I was younger and dumber. It just feels like a bump in the boat. Never bends anything. Here's a pic of a 12-14footer I took a couple years ago from the boat. It was about 3ft wide at the middle and 700-800 lbs. Now that's a big-un.

Attachments

• BIG GATOR.jpg
    BIG GATOR.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 42
WILDMAN said:
Actually, 8ft is considered pretty small around here. They don't bother you. We used to try and slalom ski over the top of them when I was younger and dumber. It just feels like a bump in the boat. Never bends anything. Here's a pic of a 12-14footer I took a couple years ago from the boat. It was about 3ft wide at the middle and 700-800 lbs. Now that's a big-un.
i guess what you need down south is a gator prop and not a laser prop.!!

Gators!!!

While kneeboarding behind my Spectra 170 down in Markam Park, Ft Lauderdale some years ago, I hit a gator in the lilly pads.....it launched me about 3 feet in the air!!!!! A couple of weeks later, same place, same location I thought I saw another gater in the lilly pads.......this one turned out to be a very large tree branch stuck in the weeds. When I hit it with the kneeboard the branch punctured the bottom and stopped the kneeboard dead in it's tracks......I however skipped accross the water like a stone and bounce off every lilly pad for 50 feet!!!!!! Everyone in the boat was laughing their assess off...while I was making sure I still had all my body parts!! LOL

Back