• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

trimate II rehab

just had to become a supporting member to post pics.

You can open an account on photobucket, upload your photos there, then paste the link in your thread (with the "insert image" button at the top of the "reply to thread" area) so that the photos show up full size (about 500 pixels wide, give or take, works out well).

Anyway, your moving right along and it's looking good.

It's strange how your transom seems to have had that slight curve/angle. On my Eluder the transom was cut down to only 1 inch thick in the area that butted up to the splashwell. I measured and measured the original transom before attacking the new one with a router.

one more night with no boat activity. we have cub scouts tonight. gona have to get real busy this weekend. they r calling for snow in sothwest lousiana. that my stop the glass work cause i will be building a snowman. my son said it was a promise dad. anyhoo, fiero i looked at ur green boat and yep i bet u had a few sleepness nights just to figure out color. i know i did. i will have a little bit diffrent desine. as for as the transom i am gona shave the top body line out to a smooth surface blending the corners and around the splash well. yee haa yall have a good afternoon and stay warm.....

was able to get a little action on boat after all

not quit ready for gell but it is close enough for the normal naked eye not to notice any flaws:bigthumb:. both sides are done and will prime them tomorro to keep them from rusting. heheheheh;););)

Attachments

• IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 37
A few more pics

A few more pics!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2170.jpg
    IMG_2170.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 33
few more pics

not too much done with the cold weather

Attachments

• IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2201.jpg
    IMG_2201.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 35
more pics

battery boxes

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 40
Looking good my friend . Cant believe how fast your moving thru this project . You have this done in no time . Keep up the good work :thumb:

Looking good my friend . Cant believe how fast your moving thru this project . You have this done in no time . Keep up the good work :thumb:

thanks to all of u. this site keeps me realy motivated.:surf: it is great to get on here and read. i hope yall enjoy. it looks like i have already found me another mate. need to finish this first...:eyecrazy: looks like i will be mounting the cap back on soon and start on dash. i have an idear for dash that i have not seen anywhere yet. more detail to come later....:rof:

Ez you're rolling thru this pretty good. If I had a heated garage and not working 60 + hours a week, probably would be finished with my resto by now. Keep up the good work.:thumb:

Ez you're rolling thru this pretty good. If I had a heated garage and not working 60 + hours a week, probably would be finished with my resto by now. Keep up the good work.:thumb:

yea cmpulse i am lucky to have a somewhat heated shop.:D i am a welder and my dad worked in the oilfield and my brother owns a cabinet shop. a long story short, is i got the pipe from dad and built me a wood burning
stove that my brother contributes too...:bounce:. hhehehe thanks for the support . p.s. when it was snowing, i was in shorts in my shop. yall please keep post comming this is awsome for me.

yea cmpulse i am lucky to have a somewhat heated shop.:D i am a welder and my dad worked in the oilfield and my brother owns a cabinet shop. a long story short, is i got the pipe from dad and built me a wood burning
stove that my brother contributes too...:bounce:. hhehehe thanks for the support . p.s. when it was snowing, i was in shorts in my shop. yall please keep post comming this is awsome for me.

The company I work for has an office in Baton Rouge,La. We design alot of oil refineries, gas plants, etc.

i have the batt boxes glassed in. gona put cap on tonight and start on seat boxes. i am gona put a 2x12 for the top of box to ensure a good mount for seats. i bought an old boat a couple months ago and it had a cracked block. in the end i payed $400.00 bucks for it. here is what i salvged- 31 gal aluminium tank that i cant use, hydrolic steering, old style merc trim new, new rebuilt alpha one outdrive, and some realy nice seats that u can adjust the height, interior aluminum trim stuff, and a realy nice pioner cd player with amp speakers etc. ok back to work also have new swim platform windows rails etc....

more pics

seating arrangement

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2209.jpg
    IMG_2209.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 37
more pics

seating arrangements

Attachments

• IMG_2211.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2212.jpg
    IMG_2212.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 39
EZ, your really going to have to step it up a little. You have really been slacking on this

JK, looking great!:cheers:
i am trying realy hard here.:drool: i just cant seem to get anything done. heheheh. sometimes i realy try to make the wife realy mad so she will send me outside, it makes her feel good. :devil: and the make up s_x is great. it is a win/win for me.:banana: tommorro i am gona build some retainer plates for the bolts that hold down my seats, no backup wrench will be needed and i can seal off hole in wood with some silicone then glass them over. i will post a pic tommorro to show yall an idear that some one may be able to use. it will all be stainless steel. then i will finish glassing the floor and off to the dash board i will go. i already have a few diffrent plans for dash, just need to pick one. yall have a gooood night and sleep tight....;)

seat clamps

seat clamps

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpg
    IMG_2217.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 31