• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1/1/10, anyone boating?

It was 17* outside when we set out. Windchill somewhere in the single digit numbers. Went to serpantene wall to find it chained off:mad: Drove up river to schmidt ramp and it was also chained off. Called my neighbor who owns the marina in aurora, IN and he said its chained off but if I wanted I could get the key but the marina prob had iced over by now and didnt really recomend breaking through the thin ice as it might damage the hull. He than said tanners creek was open so we loaded back up into the truck and down we went. We got there and it was up to 21*. There was 3 aluminum fishing boats that were loading back up. I backed in so the outdrive was in the water and fired it up. To my surprise, the boat fired up with only a few pumps, cranked the throttle a couple times, and the flip of the key. I let her warm up before launching into the water a little bit. Off we went! She ran great, even caught some good air off a couple wind waves (not another boat in sight) we ran for about 15 minutes or so and put her back on the trailer. The only bad thing that happened was the battery in the camera went dead because of the cold. I got a couple pics before launching and then after we got back in.
29743040321_large.jpg
29743040322_large.jpg
Have fun 1/1/10. Don't freeze and be sure to post some pics of your adventure. Please no speedos. lol :bigthumb:
Bob (Jet)
LOL as you requested Bob:eek::brickwall::poke:
29743040323_large.jpg
29743040324_large.jpg
Oh wait, you said NO speedos, LMAO! My buddy Evan (helps with all my stupid ideals) and me then my girlfriend Megan and I! All the old fishermen there were looking and laughing their asses off at us!!

The best part was going to walmart and buying those speedo's. The old lady said "Hows you doing today" as she looked down and saw what I had, she said "Oh lordy, me, oh mys:eek:!" LOL, I think she turned a little red!!

Sucks I didnt get any pics out on the water but thats my luck! We all had some safe, dry, fun:cheers:

you are a brave man,it was cold here so i can't imagine running down the water.at least we are one month closer to boating season!:drool:

Thats some pretty funny Stuff!:p You can go ahead and sign me up for the Lake Cumberland trip with you and gang.But No Speedo Required:shakehead:

And I Got to agree, another month down. Few more to go!

Nothing like a little winter humor to get us through the cold months!!!! I was surprised at the temp. Exposed areas felt it (nose, and cheeks) but it wasn't that cold on anything covered. If my back would have been better, I would have gotten out on the knee board and had some fun (dry start of course!). I just did not want to risk screwing it up since its only been 6 weeks since the surgery.

Best I did was sking the Detroit River on May 13th. without a wet suit. A few long passes on the ski. Then straight into the bar with a mild case of hypothermia.Nothing 45minutes and 3 beers didn't fix.

Brian that's some funny sh!t right there!!! Glad to see you made it there and back. Thanks for the laugh!!:thumb:

It was 17* outside when we set out. Windchill somewhere in the single digit numbers. Went to serpantene wall to find it chained off:mad: Drove up river to schmidt ramp and it was also chained off. Called my neighbor who owns the marina in aurora, IN and he said its chained off but if I wanted I could get the key but the marina prob had iced over by now and didnt really recomend breaking through the thin ice as it might damage the hull. He than said tanners creek was open so we loaded back up into the truck and down we went. We got there and it was up to 21*. There was 3 aluminum fishing boats that were loading back up. I backed in so the outdrive was in the water and fired it up. To my surprise, the boat fired up with only a few pumps, cranked the throttle a couple times, and the flip of the key. I let her warm up before launching into the water a little bit. Off we went! She ran great, even caught some good air off a couple wind waves (not another boat in sight) we ran for about 15 minutes or so and put her back on the trailer. The only bad thing that happened was the battery in the camera went dead because of the cold. I got a couple pics before launching and then after we got back in.
29743040321_large.jpg
29743040322_large.jpg

29743040323_large.jpg
29743040324_large.jpg
Oh wait, you said NO speedos, LMAO! My buddy Evan (helps with all my stupid ideals) and me then my girlfriend Megan and I! All the old fishermen there were looking and laughing their asses off at us!!

The best part was going to walmart and buying those speedo's. The old lady said "Hows you doing today" as she looked down and saw what I had, she said "Oh lordy, me, oh mys:eek:!" LOL, I think she turned a little red!!

Sucks I didnt get any pics out on the water but thats my luck! We all had some safe, dry, fun:cheers:
At least your woman liked your speedo, LMAO. I didn't see anyone water skiing though!!! Happy New Year anywhooo !!! :lol:

Jet

I'm getn too old for that sheet!

Brian, you are one crazy dude, that's one of the reasons I like you
man! It was fugn bitter c..c..cold today! I also had some friends that
wanted me to go on the New Years Day bikers run :shakehead: Fug that too!

I got your message, but I was down with the sickness for a couple
of days, better now! :thumb: I'll be in touch!

Nice pics, but I am glad I wasn't there! lol

Brian, you are one crazy dude, that's one of the reasons I like you
man! It was fugn bitter c..c..cold today! I also had some friends that
wanted me to go on the New Years Day bikers run :shakehead: Fug that too!

I got your message, but I was down with the sickness for a couple
of days, better now! :thumb: I'll be in touch!

Nice pics, but I am glad I wasn't there! lol

JOHN IS ALIVE!:devil:
I was wondering what happened to you, I ain't seen you on in a while. You would have had a blast playing around with the playmate if you would have come. I figured like most everyone else this time of year you were out of town or busy visiting family. Yea we will have to catch up here soon:bigthumb:

As for the cold, WTF!!!!! Take of your skirt brother:poke: LOL!!! It really was not that bad ;) Oh and I am so cold natured that I have been known to wear coveralls till temps are above 65*:confused:

Also I got to get the motor pulled tomorrow as its getting picked up sunday a.m.! I guess I will have to do a little post up on the work getting done to it now!:banana:

LMAO!!!! :rof:

I'm a puzzy... no way I'd even think about heading out in those temps! Thanks for the laugh:surf:

Thanks for the laugh, I got out on the lake yesterday also, it was in my truck but it was still fun.

Ndaniels, come on,we will get a group together next year and you will have to go. Its kinda fun talking to non boaters and telling them that you went boating on a 20* january day! I have gotten many different reactions, they just dont understand the sickness we have!
John I could not live much more north than what I do now. I got thin skin and even thinner blood. My one friend lives up in Alaska on a military base and she would tell me "it warmed up to -40 today!" That is not human temps there!

just so people don't think you're the only crazy one here I'm putting a few pics up from a few years ago, took the ski out on the creek while the lake was still frozen, shut it off to talk to someone and the battery was dead.

Attachments

• HPIM0713.jpg
    HPIM0713.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0711.jpg
    HPIM0711.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0698.jpg
    HPIM0698.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 13
29743040321_large.jpg
29743040322_large.jpg

29743040323_large.jpg
29743040324_large.jpg

HAHA.....that is great.....I love a good sense of humor....I think your GF digs the speedo too man!

And John, you look very cold draggin that jetski back in.....

Back