• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Minor rant: Why no "simple" pre-designed graphics?

JSmitty

My complaint is that no one seems to sell, what I would call "accent" graphics that are long enough for what I want

I've spent the last three weeks scouring the Web looking for simple hull graphic options. Since I don't want to spend a lot of money or time (which leaves out custom graphics), and I don't know what I want on 1/3 of the graphic anyway, I focused on pre-packaged graphics (Raceline Digital and the like) to see if something caught my eye ... but no luck. Seems there isn't anything that falls in the range between simple stripes and the more boisterous lightening bolts, checkered flags, flames, squiggles, scribbles, tribals, tears and blotches. Doesn't help that an Enforcer's side isn't flat.

So I decided to buy a couple rolls of 3M Scotchcal striping tape and a small $25 graphic from Amazon and go at it. Who knows, if it doesn't come out I might be visiting a custom guy anyway.

My complaint is that no one seems to sell, what I would call "accent" graphics that are long enough for what I want

I've spent the last three weeks scouring the Web looking for simple hull graphic options. Since I don't want to spend a lot of money or time (which leaves out custom graphics), and I don't know what I want on 1/3 of the graphic anyway, I focused on pre-packaged graphics (Raceline Digital and the like) to see if something caught my eye ... but no luck. Seems there isn't anything that falls in the range between simple stripes and the more boisterous lightening bolts, checkered flags, flames, squiggles, scribbles, tribals, tears and blotches. Doesn't help that an Enforcer's side isn't flat.

So I decided to buy a couple rolls of 3M Scotchcal striping tape and a small $25 graphic from Amazon and go at it. Who knows, if it doesn't come out I might be visiting a custom guy anyway.

Try eDecals.com :sssh:

Try eDecals.com :sssh:

Did.

If it comes up in the first 20 pages of Google for "vinyl graphics", "boat graphics", boat hull graphics", "boat side graphics" or something similar, I've probably seen it.

The inspiration for my restoration was this site's 2007 Boat of the Year. I found its graphics at Stickers4u. The stripes part enhances the lines of the boat and I wouldn't mind something similar, but the "splash" part is too big and a little busier than I'd like.

Contact ezstriper thats what he does. Couldn't hurt to talk too him for ideas, prices etc. He's in Virginia, so probaly close to you.

yeap...been doing that 25 years, but you are going to need to give me a idea or picture of a style of what you are looking for as my crystal ball is a little cloudy these days !! Rob 540-786-8111 ezstriper@aol.com

yeap...been doing that 25 years, but you are going to need to give me a idea or picture of a style of what you are looking for as my crystal ball is a little cloudy these days !! Rob 540-786-8111 ezstriper@aol.com

I considered you Rob, but after looking at your profile you're more than 2 hours away ... on weekends. Add another hour to that on weekdays (I know what the traffic's like in that area). And not knowing exactly what I want, I thought communicating online might take a crystal ball.

Stripes are the key part. I want stripes like the 2007 BOY (diminishing from wide to a point). The top stripe in some form of medium gray metallic and the bottom stripe in silver or light gray metallic .......... or maybe vice versa :p. But the back part of the graphic is one of those "I'll know it when I see it" deals. I want a simple, but appealing design that isn't messed up by the Enforcer's bump-out (flat sides would have made things a lot easier).

I might not mind a top stripe all the way back to within the last few feet that turned into a gradient and maybe even morphed into a "strobe" stripe. But I've heard width gradients are hard to do.

Isn't there some kind of catalog of graphic shapes and doohickies that aren't tribals, flags, scribbles, splotches and such? A lot of that stuff looks so ... 90's. It would be nice to be able to see an image and say "Here's what I want", even if royalties were involved.

Rob here's the boat JS is talking about. We both have the same problem with the Enforcer bump out when trying to come up with graphics. The second picture is the bump out on the Enforcer.

Attachments

• boat07027.jpg
    boat07027.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0844.jpg
    DSCN0844.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 34
sorry never checked back on this...something like you are looking for is going to have to be made from scratch..which we can do and ship to you if you wish..feel free to give me a call 540-786-8111 if you can find a pic of something you like, give me sizes..can make them..Rob

These links may be of interest for those looking for a more subtle package:

http://www.racelinedigital.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=89_87

http://www.racelinedigital.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=89_8&sort=20a&page=6

http://www.racelinedigital.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=89_8&sort=20a&page=9

http://www.racelinedigital.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=89_8&sort=20a&page=10

Chris

Back