• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

I got all the checkmate decals from estriper last Monday, great guy easy to deal with!!! The boat will finally get color this weekend, had a few other spots to repair first. Also got the windsheild frames painted black they were faded. I'll post pictures as the color goes on.:thumb:

Today we got the bottom half of the boat painted from the rub rail down. Tomorrow the top half will get painted. The red was applied first, then black and finally white which is the Checkmate logo. Three coats of clear was applied as well. A big thanks to Brain for spraying, and can't forget my wife for helping tape the boat up!!!:thumb: Also a big thanks to EZSTRIPER for the decals!!! :thumb:Now the pictures you guys have been waiting on.:D

Attachments

• DSCN2943.jpg
    DSCN2943.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN2944.jpg
    DSCN2944.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN2945.jpg
    DSCN2945.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 23
wow. looks awesome. i am jealous. What paint did you end up going with? did you sand all of the interlux off to spray over it. by the way it looks, looks like it laid out pretty flat. good luck with the project. hope when ever i do mine over it looks as good as yours.

wow. looks awesome. i am jealous. What paint did you end up going with? did you sand all of the interlux off to spray over it. by the way it looks, looks like it laid out pretty flat. good luck with the project. hope when ever i do mine over it looks as good as yours.

We are using Dupont Nason base/clear. A very ecnomical way vs dupont chromabase. The Nason coverage is amazing, sprays easy, and it's about 1/2 the price of chroma. It has just a tiny little bit of orange peal and a couple bugs. The peal is because the little compressor we are using can not keep up with the demand of the clear gun. If we had a little bigger compressor, it would be glass smooth with no buffing.

when cm told me what compressor he was using i thought it was a little small. looks pretty flat to me from pics. well it still will flow out some. looks great from pics.

when cm told me what compressor he was using i thought it was a little small. looks pretty flat to me from pics. well it still will flow out some. looks great from pics.

We are using a 2.5 hp with 5.2 cfm @90 psi, Brian said I probably needed at least 6-8 cfm. So far it works considering I borrowed the air compressor.:D The base coat went on smooth at a lower pressure (25 psi) but the clear coat needed higher pressure (35psi).

great job brian/robby! boat looks great:thumb: i do have one question.... whats up with the hull of the boat? is there something i dont see or is there a piece if metal? aluminium? where the boat is sitting on the trailer??

cmpulse_gill_bracket.jpg

it looks like the hull has one hell of a bend in it and someone tried to fix it maybe???

Back