• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Starflite Running Class 7 OPA?

Very cool.....good to see Checkmates still being competitive on the race course!

In flatter water, power for power, the Checkmate Starflite or Pulsare will outpace the Velocitys all day long. They are lighter, quicker accellerating boats all day long. If the water gets big, the extra weight of the Velocity and the variable degree deadrise pad bottom will out perform the Checkmate. The pad on the Velocity is very wide compared to the Pulsare. If you land wrong it will drill your teeth.

Both of the OPA races up here this year did not have any class 7 boats running. I still would like an old 251 to run class 6 with.

Gotta disagree on the Flite hull running faster in the calm Steve. Pulsare can run right with the Velocities and Superboats though. The Steve Stepp Velocities are pretty light, the Regal ones not so much. 22 Velocity with full interior and a 300X will run 93 or more set up well. Kudos to whoever is getting it done in that Flite, it's awesome.

Gotta disagree on the Flite hull running faster in the calm Steve. Pulsare can run right with the Velocities and Superboats though. The Steve Stepp Velocities are pretty light, the Regal ones not so much. 22 Velocity with full interior and a 300X will run 93 or more set up well. Kudos to whoever is getting it done in that Flite, it's awesome.
So you're still denying it was you?

I got a family boat, remember? Bow rider. Sheesh! You get a yacht with a cabin and a car motah and you forget your beloved Starliners. :(

The boat that won class 7 was Team Molson, a Velocity w- a 250 Yamaha.

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 23
I wonder if a Pulsare would be a better boat then a Starflite for class 7? A little faster and in my opinion a better ride.

A guy coulda got into it pretty cheap with Jupiter Pulsare's 2100LD he was selling...just sayin. I wish this stuff was around me. I can drive the hell outta of anything. Well...at least I think I can!;)

Used Starflite hull with no power goes for like $2000 around here with a trailer. All depends on your bank account. First me, only chance I'd have at affording it would be $2000 hull with a $2000 motor but that still leaves the entry fees, fuel for the race, fuel to get to the race, and about a dozen other things. Guess I'll be watching for a while. :)

a guy did it on here don't no what he ever got out of it as far as performance but it could be a race secret

Looks like he raced it about 25 days after buying it. I wouldn't think anything major was changed in that time.

I wonder if a Pulsare would be a better boat then a Starflite for class 7? A little faster and in my opinion a better ride.

The Pulsare is by far the better of the two. It can handle bigger water, has taller freeboard, a deeper V, and a small pad....not to mention a beefier transom and transom knee with brace setup. The only thing that would not hold up is the pedestal seats. You would have to mount fixed seats to the floor...

Back