• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I Have an Addiction!

Here's a picture of the carnage from overheating the number 6 hole. Faulty fuel pump or possibly cold seized piston. We're taking no chances this time. New fuel pump, new head, running premix. Thanks to Diamond Marine for cleaning up the block and to Nick at Nick's Creative Marine for getting the powerhead rebuilt again! Should start some break in time this Sunday weather permitting. This time I'll keep it below 3500 rpm for a few hours!!!

Attachments

• 20150227_102755.jpg
    20150227_102755.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20150225_091213.jpg
    20150225_091213.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2860.jpg
    IMG_2860.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 44
Yippee! Finally a day of boating in the Starflite with no problems! Burned through another tank of 30/1 break in premix. Seeing solid 76+ mph gps with at least 300-400 rpm room to go. I need to swap out the helm for the 2.0 high performance. At speeds above 70 the fluid pressure is pushing past the check valve and I have to constantly turn the wheel to the right instead of being able to balance the boat on the keel.

I took some measurements after getting home. At my highest jackplate setting with the motor mounted to the lowest setting on the clamp my prop shaft is dead even with the bottom of the boat. I have in excess of 20+ pounds of water pressure. I'm going to raise the motor to the next set of holes...maybe two up.
With a nosecone, higher motor setting, HP helm I'm sure the boat will run well into the 80's!

Had a wrench turning party last night at Nicks Creative Marine. I raised my motor height up two bolt holes on the clamp. I should now be 1.5" above the keel when my jackplate is in the full up setting. I also tapped and plugged the top three holes on each side of my lower unit to help retain water pressure at the higher motor heights. We also installed the brand new fuel pump in the VST (the old one has been working but I'm taking no chances). Today I ordered a SeaStar Pro 5770 2.0 Helm. (my existing SeaStar 1.7 helm is for sale for $200.00 if anyone needs a hyd. helm). If I can improve the handling of the boat I should be able to break 80mph. I also have a Sportmaster 1.75 that I can borrow from a friend who has a 104 mph Lake and Bay!!! I think with the Sportmaster I can run 85mph+..

Also, wait until you see the pictures of my old 1997 Pulsare 2100 with the teal and purple stripes! It now has a 250XS, 14" setback, new white face gages, new purple carpet, new floor, all new custom vinyl work for the seats! The guy even had new bow rails made and had the windshield frame polished!! WE'RE ALL GETTING READY FOR RIVER RANCH 2015 BEGINNING APRIL 16TH!!

My Starflite is ready for River Ranch 2015! New Sea Star Pro 2.0 Helm is installed but I haven't had the chance to run the boat yet. I'm loaded up with 4 gallons of Quicksilver Premium Plus oil, 8 bottles of octane boost (they only have rec 90 at the pump), 4 props (Trophy Plus 27, Tempest Plus 26, Mazco OS 14.5X30 Cleaver, Mercury Offshore 25), spare spark plugs, tools, auto inflate life vest (just in case I wind up unintentionally swimming), etc. Oh yeah; and for the after boating evening entertainment, 1 bottle of Fireball and my Breedlove acoustic guitar!!!
Can't wait for 3 1/2 days of non stop boating!

Our Jupiter crew has quite a few boats heading up!

Nick from Nicks Creavive Marine is bringing his carbon fiber, 280 powered, canopy STV DAnger Zone, his STV River Racer and his 26' Seabold Eagle powered by twin 250XS's (89mph so far!)

I'm bringing my Starflite and possibly my Checkmate 2800SX Outboard (if I can get my wife to tow one of them)

Johnny Air & Sea is bringing his 300XS powered, 104mph, 21' Lake and Bay.

Wayne (Performance Center) is bringing his 260 powered STV.

Chewy (Chewy's Custom Upholstery) is bringing my old 1997 White/Purple/Teal Checkmate Pulsare 2100 powered by a Merc 250XS and completely rerigged with new floor, gages, carpet, vinyle, jackplate, etc.

Jeff from Freeze Frame Video will be with us in his 21' Superboat.

We have one entire cabin rented out for party central and a toy hauler motorhome at the campground. It's going to be one hell of a party!!

Sounds like a great time. I'd wear a real vest though. God forbid you get tossed out of the boat you're probably going to bounce off something on the way out and that auto inflating vest won't give you any protection for that. At least get a Mustang "100 mph" jacket.

John

Back