• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jon Kansanniva
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi dan, I blew up my 175 now have a 200 merc. Currently running a big hub 23 pitch laser 2. Getting about 62 or so at 5800 rpm. Need more bow lift. I also tried an old
    style large hub trophy 4 blade the vent holes on it are huge and there was too
    much slip. I might try a tempest plus or a trophy plus if I come across one
    at a reasonable price. With my 175 and the same laser 2 I was getting about
    58 of so gps at the same rpm so the transducer removal got me about 5 mph.
    What are you seeing for speed? Jon
    Hey Jon, was wondering if you got the Laser prop you were looking at or if you went w/something else. I have a s/s powertech 4 blade on mine right now and LOVE the handling & out of the hole power it offers but I didn't gain any top end over my 3 blade aluminum. I didn't plan on a speed GAIN w/ the 4 blade but I am w/ a new ss 3blade & I'm looking for some reccomendations. Thanks. OH, my 4 blade is a 22 pitch by the way.
    Hey Jon, looking at some posts on props this morning and I came across a couple of yours from last year. Did you ever get that Laser II?? Did you go w/ another prop and how'd your choice work for you??
    Hello Jon,I had recently purchased a 79' Exciter w/o a motor.IMy father and I ended up putting a merc. 175 on it that he had in his garage "unused" for about 13 years.The boat needs cosmetic work but I love the style and ride of it.I'm glad you found that transducer on the pad,taking that off and filling in the screw holes should definately make a noticeable difference in the handling and top speed.I'm going to have alot of trying this and that "props etc." but I like how I can read about other peoples experiences and share mine,SAVING TIME & $$$.Good luck. Dan
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back