• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Predictor restore!!!!

Its painted...... RED!!!! The Deck and hull are back together with 5200!

Attachments

• DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00103.jpg
    DSC00103.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00104.jpg
    DSC00104.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 58
I have to mount the new gauges and new wiring! New carpet, and new gas tank... looking like a July 4th boat ride in a practically new Mate!!!:banana:

Attachments

• DSC00105.jpg
    DSC00105.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 68
Here are some pics of the interior....sorry theres not more...Im so anxious to get in the water!!

Attachments

• DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00120.jpg
    DSC00120.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00118.jpg
    DSC00118.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
Nice job man. :bigthumb:

I think its weird how all of the older boats had the gages in different places. I bet it was up to the dealers to rig these things and most were amateurs back then.

Ill

Nice job man. :bigthumb:

I think its weird how all of the older boats had the gages in different places. I bet it was up to the dealers to rig these things and most were amateurs back then.

Ill
lol...Thats where I relocated the gauges...they were all over the place! I have no idea where the were originaly! I filled in all kinds of holes...:)

What kind of paint did you use? and how is it holding up? would you use a different kind of paint if you had to do it again?

this a really old thread and the author has not been on the site since 2-2011 but good luck!

its a shame more people don't give feedback/updates on what they learned after their resto's/builds are over about materials they used and their success, or lack thereof, with them. afterall, a lot of us resto our own stuff but may only do a small handful of boats in a lifetime. which doesn't leave any room for trial and error for what works and what doesn't.

cant blame anyone for enjoying what they spent so much time on and not returning to the buildthread. its nice to think no news is good news (which most of the time is true) so his paint is prob holding up nicely.

my .02.

Back