• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Predictor restore!!!!

No Slam not yet. But the stringers and cross members are all cut and ready for this weekend! Tonight was a cut and fit for the floor!!!! :cheers:

well good luck! im glueing my floor down to my stringers tomorrow to let cure for a few days then im going to start glassing mine down. im so happy the end is near..

well good luck! im glueing my floor down to my stringers tomorrow to let cure for a few days then im going to start glassing mine down. im so happy the end is near..
Good luck to you too!!! I am giving her a new paint job too....so the floor gettin done will only be a halfway mark!!

yup, that's what i did...here is a pic

normal_Picture_567a~0.jpg

Just like Jallens....I just have to measure for the bigger gastank. That stock tank is killing me with only an hour of play!! Gonna try and fit a 19 gallon tank in the back! ;)

i am serious, :) if you look past the broken engine parts, right below the blue plug wire on the right, you can see on the deck, just on the edge, a little solar panel.

:lol:

normal_Picture_236.jpg

Yesterday Me and my cousin glassed the transom in! The clamping system was interesting!!

Attachments

• DSCN0171.jpg
    DSCN0171.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0172.jpg
    DSCN0172.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 59
that works - i screwed it to the transom which seemed to work very well - not a hollow sound anywhere. just a bunch of screw holes to fill.

looking good, i am excited to see how this comes out. you still gonna stay with red as the primary color?
Yes Chris, red with a white bottom and white mixed in on the top somehow!!! I gotta keep moving on this. I cant stand for my boat to scattered across the yard and in two sheds!! :irked:

The bildge pump is bolted to a bulkhead/crossmember between the stringers. You can see the bulkhead in the pick below.The one just ahead of the transom. Pump bolts the the backside of it just ahead of the drainplug. The cavity you see cut in the floor right at the transom is the access to it. It's a few inches ahead of the drain plug. Sit right down on the bottem/pad on the hull. Of course you have to remove the fuel tank to access it, but is there another alternative? Mine has an on/off/auto swtiching feature.

btw, this pic shows the original starboard mounted battery tray and the lack of one on the port side. What you see, both port and starboard was eventually removed and upgraded.

Floortopside004.jpg

Back