• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Predictor restore!!!!

here's as far as i've gotten with mine:

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8438&highlight=diary

just hauled it back out to the cottage after a summer of getting nothing done. i have the floor ready to go in, and all the glass cut for the stringers, just short on time. maybe next year - what was going to be a two year project will end up being 10 at this rate.
WOW!!! Im gonna be done way way before that....Im should have her screaming the bayous this summer...paint and all!!!!:cheers:

Slamramm99 did you put drainage holes in your stringer so water can get from the outside boxes to the center?(I can see holes in the center bulkheads, but not the stringers)

yes i did that recently. im about ready to put my floor in! im pumped.

im glad you decided to replace your transom. mine was dry where i drilled it but i decided to replace it anyway. and when i took the top glass off, most of it was starting to rot. gotta seal those bolt holes!
this is what i saw.disney084.jpg

Im glad too....just so much more freakin work...almost there now! Got the lid totally loose yest. Waiting on help to removeit! At least she will be easier to paint now!!

Last night I was stoked...I slid the lid forward and started to remove the transom! I got it out in one piece in 2 hours!!!!!! :banana:

Attachments

• DSCN0159.jpg
    DSCN0159.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0160.jpg
    DSCN0160.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN0161.jpg
    DSCN0161.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 73
Ur kidding me....that thing is not light....I still have the sterring and windshield on to! Im gonna get new gauges.....white...any ideas????

that would add a bit of weight, i stripped mine completely, bare deck, so it wasn't too bad, my kid is a bit of a horse too, which helped.

Last night I was stoked...I slid the lid forward and started to remove the transom! I got it out in one piece in 2 hours!!!!!! :banana:

nice, mine was mush and came out in many peices, made getting a pattern very difficult. are you keeping the same thickness?

i bumped mine up to 2.25 inches, knowing full well that it was going to get at least a 150 on it with a jack plate, so i thought the extra thickness was a good plan.

nice, mine was mush and came out in many peices, made getting a pattern very difficult. are you keeping the same thickness?

i bumped mine up to 2.25 inches, knowing full well that it was going to get at least a 150 on it with a jack plate, so i thought the extra thickness was a good plan.
How thick can I go Chris.... I have a 175 hanging on it with a jack plate!!!

i did 3 3/4 inch ply, but it meant cutting out the splashwell, still decided it was worth the aggrivation of redoing the splashwell, but have been giving some though into eliminating the splashwell altogehter ala pulsare 2100. since a jackplate will happen, i don't have a real need for the splashwell.

what are your thoughts on that screwball idea?

i did 3 3/4 inch ply, but it meant cutting out the splashwell, still decided it was worth the aggrivation of redoing the splashwell, but have been giving some though into eliminating the splashwell altogehter ala pulsare 2100. since a jackplate will happen, i don't have a real need for the splashwell.

what are your thoughts on that screwball idea?
That is a freaking awesome idea...get rid of the splashwell! My boat sits so low in the water anyway!!!! Im gonna look into that!!!! Thanks Chris!!!

Somewhere on this site someone linked over a thread about dude that reworked a transom without a splashwell.I belive it was an enticer or something.

No, the thread was from scream and fly and boat ending up being blueish or grey.Good try thou!:cheers:

Back