• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Predictor restore!!!!

The previous owner had replaced it best I can figure. Exciters I have seen had the gas tank mounted long ways fore/aft and in went from the transom to the leading edge of the rear seat base. They were nestled in a cut out in the floor that allowed them to fit under the rear bench seat with a small storage area under the seat on either side of the tank.

The gas tank that was in mine was a new aluminum tank. 35 gallons. I had to modify it slightly by cutting an angle across the top of it in the rear to get it to go back about a inch further than the way it fit when I got the boat so I could build the rear bench seat the way I wanted it. It still probably holds 33 gallons.

I set the stringers and crossmembers in today! First I mixed up a couple quarts of resin and airfill! I filled the gaps in the transom edges with the airfill. Then I laid a bed of resin and airfill where the strigers and crossmembers go....once they were set in place, I put some weight on them to set!

Attachments

• DSCN0173.jpg
    DSCN0173.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0174.jpg
    DSCN0174.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN0175.jpg
    DSCN0175.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 58
Took a break from the fiberglass and started sanding the deck!

Attachments

• DSCN0179.jpg
    DSCN0179.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0178.jpg
    DSCN0178.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0177.jpg
    DSCN0177.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 60
nice. looking good!i wish i had time to work on mine. i have finals coming up next week so looks like everything is on hold for a while. what colors are you going to paint it?

Remember to put holes in all your stringers and bulk heads to allow water to drain. I don't see any in you photo's. All this work will be worth it in the end:thumb:.

and sweating.....:eyecrazy:....its crazy!!! But great weather to work on the Mate!!! :)

I lived in Walker for 5 months in 2007 20min east of Baton Rouge and they thought I was nutz for going swiming in January in a above ground pool ( was 65 in the day and 35-45 at night ) water was like it is in May here in Indiana.. ;)

Thanks for sharing the great pics and keep up the good work..

I lived in Walker for 5 months in 2007 20min east of Baton Rouge and they thought I was nutz for going swiming in January in a above ground pool ( was 65 in the day and 35-45 at night ) water was like it is in May here in Indiana.. ;)

Thanks for sharing the great pics and keep up the good work..

nice! i grew up in central but just moved to bama. yep you use less hardener when its 70 degrees. :banana:

nice! i grew up in central but just moved to bama. yep you use less hardener when its 70 degrees. :banana:

I might have a reason to make a road trip down to visit lol, I loved Louisiana but the lil french/ cherokee gal I loved down there ( sent me home with a case of humble pie ) lol but I loved the weather and the people if was 14.5 hrs to drive ( I miss the crawfish, love that sea food )

HEY FASTCHECKMATE IF U HAVE NOT STARTED UR TRANSOM , U NEED TO CHECK SOMETHING THAT I DIDNT . THE TRANSOM ON MY TRIMATE HAS A SLIGHT BOW TWORDS THE BACK OF BOAT. WHEN I PUT MY CAP BACK ON IT FITS TIGHT ON THE CORNERS BUT HAS A 3/8 GAP AT SPLASH WELL BECAUSE I PUT IT IN WITH IT STRAIT EDGE. I USED A STING TO GAUGE IT AND IT WAS A MISTAKE. I WILL POST A PICK IN MY THREAD TO SHOW U WAT I AM TALKN ABOUT.

HEY FASTCHECKMATE IF U HAVE NOT STARTED UR TRANSOM , U NEED TO CHECK SOMETHING THAT I DIDNT . THE TRANSOM ON MY TRIMATE HAS A SLIGHT BOW TWORDS THE BACK OF BOAT. WHEN I PUT MY CAP BACK ON IT FITS TIGHT ON THE CORNERS BUT HAS A 3/8 GAP AT SPLASH WELL BECAUSE I PUT IT IN WITH IT STRAIT EDGE. I USED A STING TO GAUGE IT AND IT WAS A MISTAKE. I WILL POST A PICK IN MY THREAD TO SHOW U WAT I AM TALKN ABOUT.
Tooooooooooooo late! My transom is done done done lol. Guess I will find out later!

You guys up north just couldnt stand to see me sanding my boat in shorts huh....so you sent this cold wet miserable weather down here!!! Thanks guys :)

Alright....it was a long cold winter here in south Louisiana which brought me to a screaching halt! I think I might have missed some pics, but here are the latest!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00074.jpg
    DSC00074.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 58
You cant see it, but the stringers all got glassed in and the crossmembers also! One more layer of woven over the floor and Im ready to paint!!! Im giving myself a June 1st deadline!!! I need some encouragement!!! lol! Lots of work ahead. All new gauges and wiring which scares me to death! I redid the whole instrament panel set up!!!

Oooooooo!!!!!!!! so close to gettin painted!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00086.jpg
    DSC00086.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00088.jpg
    DSC00088.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC00090.jpg
    DSC00090.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 56
Back