• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1987 Checkmate Starfire - Project Hull

Gimme Fuel

1987 Checkmate Starfire - Project Hull - With Trailer & Alpha Drive Setup

I am finally giving up on this project, and have evicted it from my barn where it has sat basically since coming from RNGRDAVE. Had lofty goals, however time seems to be too short to make meaningful progress. I can either focus on this and let my 380 Powerquest sit outside, or I can finally add onto my barn and make the 380 fit, which is what the decision ended up being.

Comes with trailer, alpha drive, few motor accessories/mounts, 75% of interior pieces inside (at least good patterns if not usable), and I think there is a box of balsa core material in there. Brand new HD tarp included haha.

$600 and it is your project, exactly what I paid for it.

Here are some pics from yester-years that is exactly how it still looks:

_849164768475819_3083393841942631921_n_zps5aa313b2.jpg
_849164808475815_6278045434602079626_n_zps467a2cee.jpg
_849164738475822_7556909614216657441_n_zps697d005e.jpg

Dave's original thread can be found in this link :
http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24987&highlight=1987+starfire

Dang GF, that’s a great price for a cool project boat! Awesome blank canvas for a small lake/river rocket w- a 383 or an LS!

You could always sell it back to Dave for the $600 and a storage fee😁

Good luck-

That's a nice looking CM and a heck of a deal for someone. Can't imagine you'll have to wait too long to sell it. Best of luck with the sale and your other projects.:thumb:

Dang GF, that’s a great price for a cool project boat! Awesome blank canvas for a small lake/river rocket w- a 383 or an LS!

You could always sell it back to Dave for the $600 and a storage fee😁

Good luck-

He already reached out to me before he put it here. I'd pick it back up but our 2 new sons take up any free time I once had.

2 sons!

He already reached out to me before he put it here. I'd pick it back up but our 2 new sons take up any free time I once had.

Best way to spend time with kids. I put my time in and now the drive me around in the boat:)

I just read through this and the original thread.

Did it ever get the core replaced?

Is it still available?

If we could figure out a way to get this boat down to Bucyrus I'd like to go ahead and buy it. This boat needs to come here and let the pro's in my shop fix it.
Coop, We could likely drag it down to you once things settle down a bit and before snow flies. Keep me posted of your intentions.

new to using this forum. I like the boat where is it? I am looking to do a project. i just finished my doctorate program, and it is time to get my hands back on some real work.

Back