• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1989 Starliner Restoration

Is there a place for water to get out of the ski locker/fuel tank areas? Hard to tell from the photos.

HD

The ski locker isn't going back in. The fuel tank has only the forward bulkhead, plus it's elevated. The water will dump in/around the fuel tank and goes to the bilge area.

Looks great Robbie. That electric blue looks sharp. Sorry I've been slacking, been really busy the last few days and the weather has not cooperated but I will get those transom pics you asked for. Also, let me know if you need any measurements still.

Robbie,
I went through my photobucket album and couldn't find the measurement pics. I was sure I had them in there, but...nope. I can't find them on my Mac either. So...I'm no help.

Sam

Robbie,
I went through my photobucket album and couldn't find the measurement pics. I was sure I had them in there, but...nope. I can't find them on my Mac either. So...I'm no help.

Sam

I found what I was looking for, thankfully you took enough pictures!:poke: :DThe measurements I need now are where the captains seats go and to locate blocks for the bench seats to attach to. I'm not going to attach the bench seats to the alumium angles like the factory used. No floor penetrations.

Looking good Robbie:bigthumb: I too like the paint colors. It will be one sharp boat when you're done!

How is it working with the Coosa (sp?) What are you going to use for the actual floor?

A little side note: If the coosa is anything like PVC material (azek) the saw dust sticks to everything. Use a can of Anti Static spray. When working with PVC, I spray it on me, tools, tool belts etc...

Looking good Robbie:bigthumb: I too like the paint colors. It will be one sharp boat when you're done!

How is it working with the Coosa (sp?) What are you going to use for the actual floor?

A little side note: If the coosa is anything like PVC material (azek) the saw dust sticks to everything. Use a can of Anti Static spray. When working with PVC, I spray it on me, tools, tool belts etc...

Thanks!!! The coosa cuts and shapes very easy. The dust goes everywhere but that's to be expected cutting on anything. The floor will be 5/8" coosa, in one of the pictures you can see three sheets leaning against the posts of the carport. The picture is looking at the deck on the cradle. Mash here post #29. http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25342&page=2

A little update still grinding the hull and getting it prep to embed the stringers and knees. Hope to have this done by tomorrow afternoon. Then tab them in on sunday if all goes well. I'll have pictures of the progress as I start embedding them. Other items on list to do are cutting the horizontal brace and measure the floor for fitting.

Excellent work!! That boat is going to be an eye catcher, and it will be built better than the factory originally did.

Looking Great Robbie

You are Doing a Great Job Robbie. That Checkmate is going to be Beautiful when You are Done with it. Have a Great Weekend and Best Wishes Always Your Friend Sammie Action Marine

Right now I'm soooooooooo f%%king frustrated with cabosil and epoxy resin!:eyecrazy: For whatever reason I either get the consistency of to runny or it looks like grits. Anyway for better or worse the stringers are embedded. I'll need to remove the waste with a chisel tomorrow or sometime next week and add more cabosil and epoxy. I was under the assumption that cabosil/epoxy doesn't sag, maybe I read it somewhere. My first instinct was to embed the stringers in 5200, should've done it. Anyway here's the pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN4171.jpg
    DSCN4171.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN4172.jpg
    DSCN4172.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN4173.jpg
    DSCN4173.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 68
Right now I'm soooooooooo f%%king frustrated with cabosil and epoxy resin!:eyecrazy: For whatever reason I either get the consistency of to runny or it looks like grits. Anyway for better or worse the stringers are embedded. I'll need to remove the waste with a chisel tomorrow or sometime next week and add more cabosil and epoxy. I was under the assumption that cabosil/epoxy doesn't sag, maybe I read it somewhere. My first instinct was to embed the stringers in 5200, should've done it. Anyway here's the pictures.
mashed potato consistancy...

First batch was great, little thicker than peanut butter.Then it went downhill after that, second batch I added more resin, same amount of cabosil and the third time the last batch looks like grits. :shakehead:

Back