• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1995 21 Checkmate Pulsare LD.. 90+ mph boat

Thanks, these boats are faster than a lot of people think. All it takes is experimenting with setup and power! I thk if more people were into them, 100 could be broken. And no, not with my 250.

Nice #'s. I believed it all along. If 300hp can do almost 97 than why wouldn't 250hp bring 90. Heck my 300 on the 2400 goes almost 80(78.2 to be exact). I'm more familiar with Allison boats. And on the Grandsports the difference between a 200 Merc(90 mph) and a 225 Pro Max is 5 mph(95 mph). The difference from a 225 Pro Max to a 280 Merc is about another 10 mph(105 mph). The problem here is you have a armchair quarterback using a prop calculator as gospel. Don't let the naysayers bother you.

I hit 60 with my 110,was a bit dissapointed as the prop calculator said i had 0 slip and should go 63!:eyecrazy:

Nice #'s. I believed it all along. If 300hp can do almost 97 than why wouldn't 250hp bring 90. Heck my 300 on the 2400 goes almost 80(78.2 to be exact). I'm more familiar with Allison boats. And on the Grandsports the difference between a 200 Merc(90 mph) and a 225 Pro Max is 5 mph(95 mph). The difference from a 225 Pro Max to a 280 Merc is about another 10 mph(105 mph). The problem here is you have a armchair quarterback using a prop calculator as gospel. Don't let the naysayers bother you.

I don't know for sure who you are calling an arm chair quarterback, but you just said the same thing that I did. 5mph for 25hp. And I don't use a prop calculator, I use experience and a gps! And once again, I never said the boat wouldn't run 90, I said it wouldn't run 90 on 250hp.

Reactions: SCT
Ok, I'll do the math for you:
Checkmate 96mph-300 XS
91 mph-250
Difference: 5 mph and 50 hp
Allison 90mph-200 hp
95 mph-225 hp
Difference: 5 mph and 25 hp
Now can you see that it's doable??

Ok, I'll do the math for you:
Checkmate 96mph-300 XS
91 mph-250
Difference: 5 mph and 50 hp
Allison 90mph-200 hp
95 mph-225 hp
Difference: 5 mph and 25 hp
Now can you see that it's doable??

OK, like I said, YOU CAN'T READ! The 250xb is actually 275hp! So lets do some more math, 90 with a 200 and 95 with a 225 is 5mph, and 95 with a 225 and 105 with a 280 is 10mph and that is a 55hp difference. Ok, are we gonna argue over 5 hp? Randy's 2100/300xs, 96mph or 5mph faster than the 275hp boat in question. You can set back and make all the comments you want, but if you go back and do some research, you will find out that what I am saying is the truth. I don't care what stickers is on the motor. I had a 200efi on a 2100 that ran 79 on gps, but am I stupid enough to try and tell everybody that it was only 200hp? Come on dude, get a grip! The best set up in the world will never replace HORSE POWER!

Nice work 200valero!

I suggest that you start a new sale thread and let this blood bath die.:shakehead:

Boatman did state that it would take 275HP to run 90, but is there a dyno sheet to prove this motor is really 275HP thereby validating the theory that the XB really puts out closer to 275-280HP? Not looking for a debate, just stating fact.

Boatman, no disrespect, but you did jump the guy right off the bat and told him to invest in a GPS, yet you get awful defensive when someone comes to his defense or applauds his success. JMO:p

At the end of the day, Mercury (the engineers that design/build the most popular o/b motors in the WORLD as you know) rated this motor as a 250 class O/B. In my book, this is a 250 class O/B pushing a 2100 over 90mph.

It is also my opinion that this has more to do with the hull than the motor. It is just one fast hull. It was faster than most when blue healer had it, and it continues to impress us . We have seen it many times on this site (as previously stated by Boatman). Maybe something was tweaked in the mold or it tips the scales a little lighter for some reason, never-the-less, these screamers are out there.

HD

Rotten as I am, don't forget the cowl modification. Heck, I coulda swore I had mine to 63 until I seen I was holdin the GPS upside down...

Checkmate

I was with Sean in the boat today, ran prob 75 miles to sandbar and back, boat runs great, looks great. I think it was about 75 degrees as well, enuf for the bikinis to be out.

I was with Sean in the boat today, ran prob 75 miles to sandbar and back, boat runs great, looks great. I think it was about 75 degrees as well, enuf for the bikinis to be out.

Hard life you have. I was hanging Christmas lights in 32* temps. with a light (COLD) mist.

Now that I think about it, John L. may think that 32*F is Bikini weather! LOL

HD

Nice talking to you today Sean.Hope I helped you on your decision to keep it a bit.Haveing had a Grandsport I think you may be sorry going from your Checkmate to one.For all aroundboating and not comeing home witha lap full of water you have about the best set up you can get.:cheers:

Reactions: JW
Good talking with you also Aaron. Yea, the Checkmate is hard to beat in alot of ways. Allison's are a great looking boat to me!! Like I was telling you, a friend of mine hooked one. It seems that everyone that owns one hooks them? I don't think Myself and an Allison would be the good match. I sometimes ignore where the height and trim limit is, Ha... Other than that, I don't know of a better looking boat? Good luck with your Velocity:thumb: Sean

Back