• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2019 rally's ????

Jim4553

Hey everyone, haven't really heard of any rally's happening in 2019. Has anyone heard of any. Maybe I'm looking in wrong area. Sure would like to see and talk to other checkmate owners

Maybe I'm doing something wrong..every post I read about a rally is old..can someone please6 steer me in the right direction

Your in the right spot, there hasn’t been a lot chatter about any gatherings this year. As other social media outlets become more popular, interest here has waned. Everything runs in cycles and gatherings are in a down swing. There are are only two gatherings that still going with some history. (Been to both) The Canadian Guys 4 hrs north of Toronto and the group out on the Chesapeake Bay that has really grown into a family gathering. But small groups manage to gather here and there.
There still might be people heading to LC In July, just keep checking in and keep your vacations open and your trailer serviced. I ran a starflite for most of the gatherings I attended and sometimes out to PIB at times. I’m in a 24ZT now, but always up for a trip.

sometimes I feel like I might have the only 'mate in KS .... I doubt there will ever be a rally close enough to attend. Maybe theres a midwest group :rof:

I'm in south jersey, would like to here more about the Chesapeake gathering if it happens again this year. If anyone is out there with info on it, let me know

I'm in south jersey, would like to here more about the Chesapeake gathering if it happens again this year. If anyone is out there with info on it, let me know

Should be the last weekend in June, in Pasadena MD area.
More info to come soon.

Keuka Lake 1-June-2019

Should be the last weekend in June, in Pasadena MD area.
More info to come soon.

We do a run the first Saturday in June on Keuka Lake in the Finger Lakes region of NY. 4 stops on the lake as well as a fantastic small town at the south end of the lake. The event is normally well attended. Many of the big boys from ROPA attend with some very sweet boats, not just Checkmate’s. We typically get 10-12 Checkmate’s that show up several of us being native to the lake.
We will follow up with more information. Fever feel free to chime in!

Any upper mid-westerners off Friday, June 28th? I’ll be making about a 100 mile loop up to jobbie nooner and back. The itinerary is leave Trenton (south end of the Detroit River) about 9:30ish Run the 40 miles north up the river & across LSC to gull island. I don’t get myself to deep into the party. (Unless ????). But usually hang for a few hrs. Then off to find lunch at Browns on the middle channel about 2pm (before the mad drunken 4:00 rush). Hang out on St. Clair (many other anchorages, all sand) to about 4 or 5pm and get back downriver about 6 pm. The worst water you’ll likely see 3 ft rollers at the narrowest point of the river under the Ambassador Bridge. Look both up jobbie nooner and Browns, good times!

I ran my starflite under the bridge couple dozen times without any troubles. It just takes more time. Running your starflite would add about 20 -25 minutes to a 50 minute trip. (no problem). I ran in 6-8 ftrs in between PIB and Sandusky Bay one Saturday afternoon turning a 30 minute ride into a 2.5 hr death march.
The picture is from about 10 yrs ago at jobbienooner. I decided to hang for a while.

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/... bar party then beach party the past few yrs.

Last edited:
Back