• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

454 MAG MPI Pro Charger upgrade

Hydraulic Steering & Headers Installed

Ok so Kunkel has installed the new Hydraulic Steering & Lighting Headers and she looks and sounds awesome. Can't wait for Spring!

Attachments

• Hydraulic Steering.jpg
    Hydraulic Steering.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Lightning Headers.jpg
    Lightning Headers.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 54
  • Imco Hydraulic Steering.jpg
    Imco Hydraulic Steering.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
Did not even take the boat over 60 MPH since the multiple warnings from everyone. Not sure I deserved that kind of reply ezstriper but okay! It is being fixed now.

Really...if you have seen some of these failures and almost by all who thought would never happen to them..you would understand

Update Hydraulic Steering, reprogramming ECU & Lightning Headers

Okay so the first test run is in and Kunkel had to send the ECU back for reprogramming. JASON told me she looked like a diesel, too rich! The reprogram of ECU bumps the Rev limiter to 5500 RPM. May have to re-prop again to keep the RPM MAX @ around 5000 RPM, could be a 34 Pitch in my future.
Stay tuned I will update ASAP.

Okay so the first test run is in and Kunkel had to send the ECU back for reprogramming. JASON told me she looked like a diesel, too rich! The reprogram of ECU bumps the Rev limiter to 5500 RPM. May have to re-prop again to keep the RPM MAX @ around 5000 RPM, could be a 34 Pitch in my future.
Stay tuned I will update ASAP.

Any info on the Hydromotive propellers? Has anyone purchased and or worked with Spinelli Propeller in the last few years?

Any info on the Hydromotive propellers? Has anyone purchased and or worked with Spinelli Propeller in the last few years?
Hydromotives act a lot different than bravo 1's, they are a stern lift vs bow lift, some boats love them, some don't my 253 was so-so, worth a try as seems every setup reacts differently, they are std on fountains..

Hey Chris, been trying to get a hold of you. My buddy just put a whipple on his boat and the 32 bravo he got is too big. He wants to trade for a 30 pitch or possibly buy a 30z I thought you had one.

Hey Chris, been trying to get a hold of you. My buddy just put a whipple on his boat and the 32 bravo he got is too big. He wants to trade for a 30 pitch or possibly buy a 30z I thought you had one.

Hi Brian,

Yes I do have a perfect 30P Bravo 1 available $500 plus the ride. We are starting our return from San Diego to NY today and expect to be back 8-May. The prop is in the OEM Box at my lake cottage. I could send someone down to get it and ship it out if needed before we return. Just let me know.

Chris

Boat is back home, time for a test run

Okay so we were a little disappointed in the top end results from the test runs but Kunkel's believes the stock 32P Bravo 1 is the wrong prop for the boat. The 32 lifts the stern she chine walks and the prop just will not hook up. Top speed 86MPH, 5200 RPM, Kunkel's wants the 30P Bravo 1 back on the boat so his wish is my command. I will have the 30P on her and head to the lake today.
Cannot wait to drive her with the new dual ram hydraulic steering. The headers look awesome and I was told she sounds like a beast, can't wait.
The ECM was reprogrammed with a new 5500 RPM Rev limiter. Kunkel is sure the 30P will hook up and she will turn the full 5500 RPM's and produce more boost at the higher RPM.

Them Kunkels boys know their Checkmates. Curios what is the ideal prop. I really like the Spinelli Star prop I ran on a very similar hull. I am not completely sold on the Bravo props. They are pretty good but on my 283 am having extreme slip. Very impressive changes your boat has made. Enjoy and be safe.

Spinelli props

Them Kunkels boys know their Checkmates. Curios what is the ideal prop. I really like the Spinelli Star prop I ran on a very similar hull. I am not completely sold on the Bravo props. They are pretty good but on my 283 am having extreme slip. Very impressive changes your boat has made. Enjoy and be safe.

Problem Child when did you purchase the Spinelli Star prop? I have had 3 different custom Spinelli props made for previous boats by Mike Spinelli 20 plus years ago. Did you purchase from the new Spinelli lately? I ask because they are local to me. I loved the props and the fact that he is local is a big cost savings.
I sent him a check two years ago for a prop with the check made out to Spinelli propellers and he told me he needed a check made out to him in personality? This sounded very strange to me. Please let me know your experience.

Okay so we were a little disappointed in the top end results from the test runs but Kunkel's believes the stock 32P Bravo 1 is the wrong prop for the boat. The 32 lifts the stern she chine walks and the prop just will not hook up. Top speed 86MPH, 5200 RPM, Kunkel's wants the 30P Bravo 1 back on the boat so his wish is my command. I will have the 30P on her and head to the lake today.
Cannot wait to drive her with the new dual ram hydraulic steering. The headers look awesome and I was told she sounds like a beast, can't wait.
The ECM was reprogrammed with a new 5500 RPM Rev limiter. Kunkel is sure the 30P will hook up and she will turn the full 5500 RPM's and produce more boost at the higher RPM.

Ok first test with the 30P Bravo 1 was different then last year. 86 MPH @ 5200 RPM (2 passengers and full tank of gas W/O octain booster) and the prop lifted the stern and caused the boat to chine walk like never before. I will hopefully be making several more runs and trying to play with the trim. Need to let the boat run at a set trim and the prop hook up and then put the coals to her.
Stay tuned!

I bought the 235 with a special ordered 465hp 502. It came with a 27 mirage when the original buyer took it home from Checkmate. He ordered a 28 Spinelli Star custom which he gave me the receipt and box for it. They were out of bus for a while but are back at it now I have been told.

88 MPH Today

Ok got nice water and a chance to run her in good conditions tonight about 6" - 12" of chop, almost no wind. Just me, 3/4 tank of gas.
88 MPH GPS, 5400 RPM

I have to try the 32P Bravo 1. I may be purchasing a 32P Spineli 4 Blad Star and have it custom built for my Stile. He says he can blow away the Bravo 1.:banana:

New Spinelli prop

Okay I am pulling the trigger on a new Spinelli Star prop. Doug from Spinelli has guaranteed me at maximum 15% slip. The current 32P Bravo 1 props (one stock & one labbed) are running 21% slip, not good.
Stay tuned Doug from Spinelli stated 1-2 weeks L/T for the new 32P 4 Blade Star prop.
Oh yea I have a new collection of Very large Bravo 1 props for sale.

you might consider a hydromotive, did not see that in ones you tried, I tried a LH on on my 253, but boat did not like it at all

Back