• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

BAJA FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

merc245

I found this little baja jet boat while doing some appraisal work in a Detroit neighborhood . I feel like I unearthed a shelby mustang or something, but only in my price range.The exterior of the hull looked great and had a nice sheen to it. Wish I had a place to keep it, would make someone a nice project boat. These were the only pics I could get, due to the fact that I didn't want to get eaten by a pit bull or a rottweiler!

DSC00358.JPG

DSC00360.JPG

looks like a sidewinder to me as well, strange looking pump, I have had berkly and jucuzzi and neither looked like that, Rob

I have always liked that hull style. It is one of the most splashed (copied) hulls ever made. Sidewinder, Tahiti, Cobra Jet, Taylor, etc. Jets, I/O's and outboards were made by the various makers. The windshields are usually broken and if you can find one are very expensive. I have never seen one that said "BAJA" on the side, but anything is possible. BTW, Panther jets are shunned by jet people and upgrades are expensive and it still will not perform as well as a garden variety Berkeley (or Legend) pump. Former jet guy here, 1979 Southwind Tunnel Hull dragster, Pontiac powered, with a Berkeley pump.

I AGREE WITH PREDICTOR ,ITS DEF. A SIDEWINDER WITH A PANTHER PUMP,PANTHER USED THAT "COWL" OR "GUARD" OVER THIER PUMPS!!!
DEF. A FUN PROJECT. JETS ARE A BLAST!!!!!!!!:bigthumb:

Hey Coop, love the video.Thought that was Havasue,How would liked to have owned a mile of frontage way back then.The video has inspired me. I think I'll make an outfit like panthera's and have wife wear it at the next POKER RUN, complete with Tiarra and Cape.Black,Red and Yellow of course

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

Back