• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Chariot Single Axle Trailer (21' Starflite)

Droozki

Hey fellow Check - Mates! :D

I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada. I bought what appears to be a complete 1986 package this past Fall. It consists of a 1986 21 Starflite, 1986 Johnson 225 VRO and Chariot single axle trailer. I'm assuming the trailer came with the boat and motor from the dealer.

qtf8snw.jpg

Anybody familiar with them? :confused:

What part of southern Ontario are you referring to? That boat looks familiar to me.

Do you know where this Starflite was used by the PO?

What part of southern Ontario are you referring to? That boat looks familiar to me.

Do you know where this Starflite was used by the PO?

As far as I know, the boat was run in lakes and rivers and along the north shore of Lake Erie, in an area just west of Fort Erie, Ontario. :)

Welcome! Glad to have a new member on board...nice Starflite you got there. Is that bottom paint?

Well then, all you need to do is break out the elbow grease and bring her back to life! If it's a solid boat, it will be well worth your time, effort, and money to bring it back. New boats are sooooooooo expensive. You can put a lot of money into an old hull and still be many dollars ahead of a new one.

single axle is fine, towed 25,000 miles with my starflite/single axle combo. Just keep up on bearing maintenance and stay away from cheap C rated tires (1500 lbs at max 68 mph) Only go with D rated tires 2200 lbs at max 80 mph! (singles are easier to wrestle around the drive too!):thumb:

Last edited:
I agree on the single axle. I've got one under my Starliner and it does great. A lot easier to shuttle around the garage, driveway, and move for mowing when needed. The Flites just don't weigh enough to require a tandem...but, tandems look cooler.

I agree on the single axle. I've got one under my Starliner and it does great. A lot easier to shuttle around the garage, driveway, and move for mowing when needed. The Flites just don't weigh enough to require a tandem...but, tandems look cooler.

I bought the brown an gold starliner in whapeton n dacota an i love it but would like to upgrade trailer loke sam has on his factory restored boat wondering about how much an is my roller trailer hard on my hull

Thanks for the comments and opinions guys! :thumb:

I think the single axle will do just fine. There seem to be lots of these 21 footers rolling on 'em! :D

I also agree that high quality rubber is a great idea! I won't be putting huge miles on this rig, but you're much better to be safe than sorry. :)

Back