• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate Model History...

I believe there was a Predictor I and II. The origional I had horseheads molded into the transom on the hull.

I just talked to Gary out at Checkmate, he said in the first 10 years he worked there he had paperwork for over 300 molds that they built. This just might be a really long list.

Checkmate Inmate II

Hey guys,
Just happened across your site.I have 1976 Checkmate Inmate II.Has a Mercruiser 233hp. Don't know alot about it. Been very trouble free and is a knuckle whitening ride. Change lubes and keep clean. Anything you could tell me about these boats would be apprecited.
Thanx,
Darrel

Here is an update to the masterlist as of 4/10/08. Chris, we need to edit the following:

1- Change the"Jetmate Sport" to "Playmate Jet/ SportJet".

2- Add "/ BR" to the Stilleto model.

3- Add "200 BR" to the Strobe model.

4- Add "/220 BR" to the Vision model.

5- Add "198 BR/ 199" to the Pacifica model.

6- Add 202 BR/ 203" to the Persuader model.

7- Add "Enforcer 260, 280".

8- Add "V142 (I/O), V162 (I/O).

If anyone wants to add or change anything, please feel free to post. Maybe Kip, Haftoo, or Coop could chime in. There sure were alot of models and name changes over the years! So far I roughly count over a 110 different models (names and variations of models).

Cheers-

SCT-I got your additions added.

Fellas, I'm not sure if you checked out the Wiki I created and have been slowly working on.

If you like, we can make a page or pages with this list or model specifics or whatever.

As an example of what can be done. We could list these models on a page and then as we get info we could turn an item on the list into a link which would then take a user to a specific page or pages about each of the the models.

The idea of a Wiki is that anyone can add and edit stuff. It's sorta like writing an encyclopedia where everyone participates in the creation of it.

If you haven't checked out the Wiki, there is a link over on the main menu box on the left hand side of the forums.

To participate, you'll have to create a account as the Wiki user database is currently different from the message board's one.

If you need help adding pages and editing, I can help. There is also a link on the main Wiki page which links to a help site which is on the Wiki's software homepage.

-Chris

Enchanter production question

From looking at the archived Checkmate Lit. I've noticed that Checkmate stoped showing the Enchanter after 1987. I ordered my Enchanter in February of 1988 and received it in May of that year. During the finalization of the paper work the deal had to call Checkmate to see if they could still build this boat as requested by me.

Here the question:

If production stopped in '87 on the Enchanter, is my Enchanter the last production Enchanter ever built?

Hey Gang,

I put the list up in the Wiki.
What we can do now, is we can create specific pages for each model. The specific pages can describe the hull specifics, production years etc.
We can even load up a few pics and embed it in the page. The best thing though, is that anyone can contribute info.
If you make a mistake, any of us can just go back and fix it up.

I'm sure over time, we'll probably work out a standard page format for each model, but for now we can just start writing stuff and we'll clean it up and format it later. :)

Here's a link to the specific page in the Wiki.

http://checkmate-boats.com/wiki/index.php/Model_Information#Models_by_name

Enchanter's

Remlinger I started at Checkmate in Oct. of 1988 In the wood shop and we still made a couple of Enchanter's after that. Alan

22.9 Maxxum O/B

1990 Checkmate Maxxum O/B. This one was in the '90 cataloge

Attachments

• 23 maxxum.jpg
    23 maxxum.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Checkmate 2.jpg
    Checkmate 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 32
  • checkmate 3.jpg
    checkmate 3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 35
The Bassmate 1 was 16'. Bill built a bunch of those and we sold a bunch of them in about 1973-1975, great boat with 150 inline. He followed it with the 15' Bassmate II in 1976. Not many of those were built,it was too unstable with the new 1976 Merc V-6 ( introduced as a 175 hp)and a couple of dealers,myself included,thought this would be a good combo. It was not,and had disasterious results.

Chris and I are compiling a list of all the Checkmate model names thru out the history of the company. Please feel free to add any models we might have missed on this list. Chris will then be editing a "Master" list that we can continue to add lengths, yr first in production, etc. Thanks for any help (especially w/ the older models).

V131, 141, 161
Vmate I, II
Inmate (I/O)
Trimate I, II, III, IV (I/O), V
MX 13, 15, 16, 18
Racing Tunnels 15' and 17' Sprint
Bassmate
JetMate I, II
Enchanter/ Entertainer (O/B, I/O, Jet)
Predictor/ Enticer (O/B)
Playmate (late 60s "round deck" model)
Playmate 11'
Playmate GT 13'
Diplomat/Sportfire (I/O, O/B)
Exciter/ Eluder (I/O, O/B)
Skimate I, II
Starflite/ Starliner
Starfire (early OB)
ConvincEr (I/O)
Playmate Jet/ SportJet
Strobe
Persuader 183/184, 200/201, 218/219, 234/235 (I/O), 242, 261, 202 BR/ 203
Persuader GTX
Persuader Cat (25' O/B)
Vision 221/ 220BR (I/O)
Cobra Sprint (I/O)
Starlet/Starfire (I/O)
Pulse 170/171, 185/186, 210/211
Pulsare 1600, 1850/ 1850BR, 2400/ BR,
Pulsare 2100/ 2100BR
Pulsare 2000/ 2000BR
Spectra 170/171, 200/ 201
Senator/ Ambassador (I/O)
Starfire (I/O), Starlet (I/O)
Strobe 201, Strobe 200 B/R
Pacifica 198 Pacifica 199 BR
Deckmate
Stilleto, Stilleto B/R
Enforcer (I/O, O/B, GTX)
Enforcer 260, 280
ConvincOr 251(O/B, I/O), 253, 259 'GTX', 270/ 270BR
ZT 218, 219, 220, 230, 240, 260, 280, 330
Maxxum 229, 229 (O.B)
Maxxum 280 (O/B), 301
Convincor 220, 242,
ConvincOr 281(O/B, I/O), 283, 300, 303
ConvincOr 320
Vision 221, Vison 220 B/R
V142 (I/O)
V162 (I/O).

Hey SCT,
Isn't there a V191 or something like that? Not too much happening lately so I have to read old stuff. :bigthumb:

Reactions: SCT
Back