• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNER RALLY 2016! v2.0

Great event for sure, just got back. Hats off to Joe, Dean & Kelly, Kip & Missy. They are just some of the nicest people who took the event to the next level. The food was also great, hats off to the chef! Always good to see everyone and meet some new friends. The bad part is that it is big enough that you don't get the chance to meet everyone.

Hey detroitviking, did you catch any fish, your little checkmate seemed to be running pretty well, and like I said, I would slap the biggest inline six I could find on there. ps, if you run into trouble on I-75 on the way home close to cincy, don't hesitate to call, I have a jack and some tools, Mark 5 one 3 706-0638

Great event for sure, just got back. Hats off to Joe, Dean & Kelly, Kip & Missy. They are just some of the nicest people who took the event to the next level. The food was also great, hats off to the chef! Always good to see everyone and meet some new friends. The bad part is that it is big enough that you don't get the chance to meet everyone.
Yea what he said. We had a blast. Unfortunately I blew my back out Thursday so we bolted this morning. Can't wait till next year. Loved seeing all those badazz egg eaters, makes me miss mine.

Hey detroitviking, did you catch any fish, your little checkmate seemed to be running pretty well, and like I said, I would slap the biggest inline six I could find on there. ps, if you run into trouble on I-75 on the way home close to cincy, don't hesitate to call, I have a jack and some tools, Mark 5 one 3 706-0638

I should be fine with two new tires. I will be putting the 100 mercury on the back of the boat soon. It was great to meet you mark and hope to meet again. If you have any pictures of my boat please post. As far as the fishing I think it was too hot for the top fishing I was doing. I did see some of the biggest jumps I'd ever seen when leaving though. I know there are some monsters there!

Here is a short vid I took while riding with Horseplay and running with Rich s nitrous Ford powered Sleek craft and my new friend Jazz bass in his sweet Checkmate ! Some how this year topped all the rest. Don't ask me how haha! Still haven't made it home yet. We swung over to Maryland and picked up the Jetmate last night and we are somewhere outside of Pittsburg getting ready to make the last 8 hour leg of our great weekend . The Checkmate Rally rocks !

https://youtu.be/AlL34QXrPEM

insertimage.gif
[/IMG]
image_zpshelspmgw.jpeg
image_zpsxiacx1sz.jpeg
image_zpsciuekobw.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] Here are a few shots from my phone, I'll fumble through it.

Sorry the pics aren't better but I figured that would give you all a little taste. If you look real close in all the pics you can almost make out Jeffs (problem child's) 283, as it was there in spirit. HaHa Jeff just bustin ya!

Yes it certainly appeared a good time was had by all. Next year we need to somehow share the locations where we are staying, our dock number or the location where we are docking so people can move around and meet everyone. Also as already stated, thanks to Checkmate Boats, Dean and Kip, and friends. They were very gracious and accommodating. Also thanks to Doelakedog and family, as we were the beneficiaries of the Canadian border and left with more beer than we brought, so either dinner, lunch, or next year's beer is on me. I just can't determine how the US gets so many illegal border crossings and you can’t even sneak a beer into Canada???

It was great meeting you Chuck. We had a great time as always but this year we seen alot more lake than ever before. The Checkmate factory put together a nice event and the goodie bag was over the top ! T shirts, Livorsi coasters, Checkmate window stickers , Livorsi stickers and more. The food and small talk was great and glad they had the houseboat at the marina. We had a great time even though I took out a cylinder 2 wks prior. The weather was great and can't wait to get back down there. The lunch run was the first for us and man was it a fun ride thanks to Horseplay for powering the 253 through the slop balls to the wall all the way !

Looks like everyone had a great time.:cheers: I'm wishing I could have made it again this year but maybe next.:bigthumb:

Back