• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2011

yellowfiero88

Time to start planing the second annual rally. The first one was a great time as many will agree:bigthumb:.

The rally will take place 7-16-11 for the run. Same plan as last year. There is no charge to participate in this event.
10:00am- the fleet will assemble at Conley Bottom Marina and head down to Harmon Creek to raft up with the locals and make them wish they had a Checkmate!
1:00pm- the fleet will go to Jamestown/State dock for lunch. Both marinas have food available at the dock. It is up to you which marina you want to grab a bite to eat at. I would also bring some food to munch on as this is just a estimate of times, not a set schedule!
2:30pm-the fleet assembles and heads for Wolfe Creek Dam. We will have plenty of room for you to run, race, or just show off your boat. We will also have a raft up at submarine island.
After the raft up, boaters can either return to Conley Bottom, go to Jamestown/State Dock or Grider Hill Marina for a dock party (most week- ends they have a live band performing($10 cover)), or have an overnight raft up party.
We encourage you to start making plans and reservations as this will be here sooner than you know. If you need additional information please contact "lcboater" (Barry) 859-582-6056 or "yellowfiero88" (Brian)513-385-2488, we will be glad to help you any way we can. Be sure to tell all of your friends about this event. We are hoping for a huge turnout, but there is always room for more!
http://www.statedock.com/
http://www.jamestown-marina.com/
http://www.griderhillmarina.com/
http://www.conleybottom.com/
http://www.leesfordmarina.com/

LOL @ both you! I know some people have to have their vacation request in before 12-31 for the following year so I figured I would get it up and in the back of everyones mind!
The motor is still broke loose in the green boat so I would have to buy a trollin mota if it was for this saturday!!

I think planning that far ahead is bad luck... Look at the event TheNerd put together in saginaw.. everybodys "all in" until that time comes.

Hmmm... think anyone from the factory will make an appearance next year?:poke:

This gives them plenty of time to plan somthing else for that date...:D

That would be cool if someone came from the factory... They would prolly come in that brand new 35 footer that they just came out with :drool:

Looking forward to it, hope I have enough time to get the boat waxed. Last time I talked to Kip, he said he would be there next year. Just had too many last minute irons in the fire for this year. boatman

I have had a couple people that will be making it down but that weekend will not work due to other obligations. Here are the options 7/9 or 7/23.

Brian,
Hello, Being a KY native living in Somerset and also being very familliar with LC my opinion for next years rally is that Grider Hill should be considered for where the base of the meet should be held. Reason being is they have excellent camping or lodging options, plenty of slips and the marina is in Indian Creek which is only a 20min boat ride to jamestown and only 10min to the main lake and dam. Also indian creek has several large coves and one of them is always set up with ski bouys for those who like to ski and there is much more room to run at that end of the lake with much less debris in the water as well. Just an idea. Let me know what you think.

I have had a couple people that will be making it down but that weekend will not work due to other obligations. Here are the options 7/9 or 7/23.

I will talk it over with Barry and see what he says! I am not set on conley bottom with the price they charged us to camp. This time I might just sleep on the boat, mountain man style!

Just give me a date!! I will head down from mom and dads house on the Big South Fork in Burnside. As far as Saturday night goes, the wife and I already have it planned that we are gonna be sleeping on the boat!! Man, its only November 1st and I'm already chompin at the bit for winter to be over and next boating season to be here!! Looks like I'm gonna have to make a few winter river runs to tie me over!!

Grider has great camp sites I have camped there many times. Plenty of slips as well.And if your not into roughing it the lodge rooms are always an option. I live in Somerset but still go to that end of the lake due to less debris, and lots more room to run and run FAST !!! Harmon creek is only a 25min boat ride from grider. Plus the ramp and dock has plenty of room to tie up for meet and greet. Always alot of buckeyes there so it must be good....ha ha.

I will talk it over with Barry and see what he says! I am not set on conley bottom with the price they charged us to camp. This time I might just sleep on the boat, mountain man style!

Back