• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2017!!!!

corey331

Sorry for the late "official" announcement of the event, but the dates are set.

ANNUAL CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY ON BEAUTIFUL LAKE CUMBERLAND KENTUCKY!!!

Dates: Friday July 14 to Sunday July 16 2017

115 Grider Hill Lodge Road
Albany, KY 42602
http://www.griderhillmarina.com/

In talking with reps from the Checkmate Factory, they have been really busy (which is a very good thing) so they have not had time to do much planning for the event or create an official flyer, but they were set on the dates and are hoping to make a good showing again this year at the event. So myself, reps from the factory and anyone will be updating this thread as more info on events of the weekend become available.

Grider Hill has also been gracious enough to offer a 15% discount on lodging and slips to anybody attending the rally. So if you call to make reservations, be sure to tell them you are with the rally group, the money saved can better be spent on fuel!!!

A far as events for the weekend go, nothing is set in stone as of yet, but last year's lunch run to fish tales seemed to be a big success, and the raft up at 76 Falls afterwards was one of the best we have ever had!!!

Photo Courtesy of Ekkick

image_zpsciuekobw.jpg

I'm hoping to see all the familiar faces from years past and just as many new faces this year!!!!

I will keep this thread updated as info becomes available, suggestions are always welcome, and I would love to see you post if you are planning on attending!!!

I sooooo want to attend. I'm thinking that the rest of my life is going to get in the way....

Have to recheck my schedule, but I'd like to go if not just to meet John and his wonderful family. I feel as the little ones grow'd up right before our eyes! Hope save travels to him and everyone else. The events favorite dock rat, me. merc245

We are planning to head down Tues morning and spend Wens.and night at Norris lk for a day and over to Grider Thurs afternoon thru Sunday. Now just need to get the boat ready and dialed in. :banana::surf::surf::):)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Corey! I'm in, but not sure since we are now settled in the home there, how we will do it this year. Thinking I will probably drag the boat to Grider and rent a slip then commute each day. Anyone considering this, do it, you will love the lake and people. Just be careful you may end up liking it so much your wife makes you buy a home on the lake.

Well, I was bummed out when I found out our normal entertainment for Saturday night, the band Stagger lee, wasn't going to be there this year. However, Grider has planned something I think will be even more fun. They are putting up a big movie screen back at 76 Falls and playing the movie JAWS starting at dark!!! Bonus points for watching it while floating on a tube!!!!

Things may be opening up and for once this could be a possibility for me this year.
If I come don't leave me at the falls in the dark...I never been there before lol.

We got ya man. Good thing is, 76 falls is only a couple miles from Grider, and I'm guessing there will be 100 other boats to follow. Plus, my favorite time to be on the lake is after dark. I've been running Cumberland at night for 20+ years.

I had the best and worst of times running the Detroit River at night. 2 or 3 am load up times was a norm back in the day. Always last trailer at the ramp.

Hey Corey, we are about a month from the rally, any updates on plans or itinerary of events? Guessing on Saturday there will be a lunch run, but anything else? What about a list of people and boats attending? Thanks Kent.

I just jumped on here to ask the same thing, list of people attending would be cool, can't wait, family and I leave a month tomorrow to start making our way down.

I can't wait for July to get here. This is one of our favorite trips to the lake and it will be even better this year with our good friends coming from Canada. Can't wait to spend a week with the Lamon clan.

Back