• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2018!!!!

This is a copy of the Facebook post that was made a couple days ago about the schedule for the weekend. It’s pretty much the same as every other year except a new destination for the lunch run and where the Saturday raft up will be.

Ok, the lunch run it set!! With that, I thought I would give a general rundown of the events for the weekend.

Friday: With people rolling in pretty much all day, this tends to be a “do your own thing” kind of day. Most people go explore the lake and there are a few small raft ups. Friday night a lot of people will wander the docks, as this is a great opportunity to meet other attendees, check out their boats and show off yours!! There is a “boatel” that will be a sort of home base for the weekend. Once it gets parked in its final location at Grider, I will post its location. You won’t be able to miss it though as I plan on flying a Checkmate banner from it welcoming all attendees.

Saturday: We will meet in the northern area of Grider‘s no wake zone around 10:30am. Once we have everyone rounded up we will head out as a group on the lunch run to Cumberland Tap restaurant located at Jamestown Marina. I have given them a heads up that we will be coming and they are excited to have us!!! After what I hope is a great lunch, we will head out as a group again to Harmon Creek. This is the biggest gathering spot on the lake and will give us an awesome opportunity to “make our presence known” on the lake and show off all of our beautiful boats!! We will have a big raft up there which is always a great place to take pictures, float around and talk to others that you haven’t met, talk about set ups on our boats and lie about how fast they are!!! That evening I encourage everyone to cut loose on the docks of Grider and make your way to the upper deck of the Marina Store to take in some live music from the band Yellow # 5.

Sunday: The saddest day of the weekend as this is the end of another Owners Rally. But fret not... as of this day we will start preparations for next years!!!

This schedule and any of its events are by no means mandatory. This is a very relaxed and laid back environment. If there is something else you’d rather do, feel free!! Also, I encourage everyone to do some exploring of Lake Cumberland as I can guarantee it will be one of the most beautiful lakes you will ever see!!

I’m hoping to make another cool announcement in the next week or so that will be a bonus for attendees this year, so stay tuned!!! And as always, can’t wait to see everyone at the lake!!! It’s getting close!!!!

Corey, bare in mind, Jamestown is on Central time. The wife and I have got jammed up waiting for the bar to open at 11 their time. Of course that could have been the wife’s plan so she could spend time and money in their gift shop. lol

Corey, bare in mind, Jamestown is on Central time. The wife and I have got jammed up waiting for the bar to open at 11 their time. Of course that could have been the wife’s plan so she could spend time and money in their gift shop. lol

Smart girl. :thumb:

Grider is in the same time zone as Jamestown. So if we leave at 11am local time, we should be good to go!!!

Had a great time at the rally- thanks for letting me crash the party (again!).

Weather wasn’t the greatest but man some of the best rallies I’ve been too have been accompanied by inclement weather. This one was no different. Hope everyone that attended had fun!

Speaking for myself here. This year I took very few pictures. No excuse, just excepting I sucked in the picture taking. Lol

Hey, at least you took it of the twins. I wanted to get Nick and Corey when they ROLLED by me but I couldn’t get to my phone that quick. btw sorry for bailing on you all for the raft up, but I really didn’t feel like getting wet. We ran back, loaded the boat, backed it in the garage, and the skies opened up.

Reactions: SCT
I wouldn’t worry about bailing, lotta guys did- and I don’t blame them. Rain doesn’t bother me that bad, I just pulled the carpet and threw it in the bow. I took 4 pics and they’re all of the bow of my boat while it’s pouring down after SCT and I got backed into the slip.

Would have been nice if the weather cooperated more and we could have made the run to Harmon, but that’s the way it goes some years.

I said it’d be nice to not drive home hungover when Becky and I got there Thursday... well Sunday morning came and that didn’t happen. Lol

I'll tell ya'll what, if you decided not to come because of the weather report, you really messed up!!! We ended up having awesome weather except for one mid day shower on Saturday. Any other time it rained was in the evening or overnight when the boats were already tucked away into their covered slips. Even with the attendance down a little due to the forecast, we still had an awesome rally!!! What a blast!!! It was great to finally meet SCT in person, he's as nice in person as you would expect, and a lot of us, myself included, have found our Checkmates in his craigslist thread. Thanks for making the trip up Shannon. Hopefully we didn't scare you off and you'll want to come back, especially to show off the classic mate of yours!!! My wife took some pics, and I stole some others off of Facebook that I'll share.

My wife and I showed up Thursday evening and had one of the most beautiful sunset cruises I have ever experienced on Cumberland. This really set the tone for what was to be an awesome weekend...

32240504-_D629-4577-83_D9-44_C9206_CBC59.jpg

1_A0_E10_BC-_EBAC-4_F0_C-_ACFB-16839_A8_EDA3_B.jpg

Woke up Friday morning and shook the cobwebs loose from a little partying the night before and took off for a little cruise and then ended up rafting up at the local rope swing. The rope brought out the inner 12 year old in all of us, so we couldn't resist. I for one was feeling it the next few days but it was totally worth it!!!

87_CEE0_EC-_E196-4972-9364-_C052_B6_C26_C53.jpg

B49_FA520-_AB26-4_C48-_BB51-73_C795_E2_CCE7.jpg

C5_AEDE24-4515-43_FD-_B849-2_AFD29_CF2374.jpg

A few more people started trickling in Friday night and we had another great time on the docks!!! Then Saturday morning rolled around and mother nature gave us another beautiful day for the lunch run to Cumberland Tap at Jamestown Marina. Had a blast running with everybody to and from the restaurant and its always great to catch up with past attendees and meet new ones!!!

53_A81_A46-_D654-46_D6-89_D2-54_CAC0908552.jpg

F0747_CC6-3009-4_EB6-999_D-938_DAE1_FB5_EC.jpg

EDEE80_F8-_E64_F-462_A-_AD32-_CCF6_B9_DD3337.jpg

D693844_E-04_B8-47_F8-_BB7_E-468_DD55_FBE8_C.jpg

D8_DDE8_DE-4069-4_F12-89_BD-_D8488_D718618.jpg

F0_C747_DE-663_C-49_C8-_A6_C8-80_FFD7_BDC2_F2.jpg

F658_B981-551_C-4_F65-8_C47-_CA2_D38_D496_C1.jpg

666_CAEF6-2_FB3-447_F-_ACCD-969_C84744277.jpg

69_DC18_C6-2359-4_D39-9_D9_A-_C6_C2_B543_F293.jpg

3_C690246-1220-4_C55-_A511-25_ACB46_AE608.jpg

Saturday evening, we were finally greeted by some rain as we came back into the docks. But as that cleared, we were greeted by some of natures beauty.

15990_D5_E-3_ADF-4195-_B9_A1-_A2_E3_AAB7698_A.jpg

0_AFEA6_E1-_F272-4_A06-_A803-_A2949019_FD51.jpg

All in all, it was another awesome weekend!!! If you missed it, don't make the same mistake next year as we will be doing it all again!!! Hope to see ya there!!!

I’ll post what I had.
2762_E271-_EC47-41_E2-_B642-0_CEF08_C1_C015.jpg
[/url] 3_EC3_AA88-83_B6-47_EF-_B1_F3-_B75_C55_DAC395.jpg 49_AFA76_B-_FF99-46_D4-_B1_A5-1_D14_BBEF74_AB.jpg 5641_E287-00_C6-4390-_AC78-755603_D95823.jpg B21_AA67_A-3_CBE-41_CA-_A02_E-8_B04_DB8_BDF4_B.jpg[/IMG]

I’ll try to figure how to post up without all garbage attached. These are first pics I posted since Photobucket went blank.

If there’s a gathering it’s usually the 3rd weekend of July. Some years are more organized then others too!

Back