• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE WEEKEND 2014

I will call about the house on the magothy tomorrow and speak to the owner to see if it will fit our needs. Jet if you wouldn't mind taking a ride by if it isn't to far from you that would be great because when you look at it on the map it doesn't look like it has a lot of parking.

Yea, let me know and I will take a look. It's not that far from me.

Demag, wife and two kids
Chris & Satasha with a bunch of beer.
Knarloid, wife and two kids.
Keith, wife and son
Brian and Amber
Sim and (probably) Laura. Purple kayak.
Corey (dream4ta) Casey and possibly wives and 1 kid
Candace (spoiled_rotten)

Thanks to Brian for sending me a PM about this since I have been MIA for awhile!

Just to give a heads up, I called about the house on the magothy, once I hear back from the owner we will see which house works better for us and see if we cant get a date set in stone.

I wondered over to the one house today. It was freezing on the water but I got out and snooped around a bit.

riverh7_zps0311b1ee.png
It was foggy so the pics suck but heres what I got. The main house with the 2 smaller ones behind. Nice pier but on low tide only half will be useable. Lots of beach.
riverh8_zps92c7648e.png
Stairs down to the beach and boardwalk looking deck. A few picnic tables in the court yard and side yard with smaller house.
riverh9_zps0c81e598.png
other side of pier and parking area.
riverh10_zps9ba0d5e3.png
Very deceiving from the front. The house is huge! All that ground is parking also.
riverh5_zpsdcb6bead.png
Just half of the parking space.
riverh3_zpsa8ac3d94.png
One of the other houses with an outside shower there on the side. More parking.
riverh4_zps71774619.png
Looks like theres a grill already there. I was pleasently surprised with the condition of the place. The owner needs new pics on his ad. looking threw the windows on all 3 houses everything looked really clean and pretty nice for a beach rental.
The marina is about a half mile away with a ramp and tons of parking and will allow overnight parking if needed. They where pouring a new slab next to the ramp for the travel lift area when I was there.
riverh_zpsede89f7a.png
riverh2_zps12b2e9e1.png

The only downside is the low tide at the pier. If we go with this one I'll be planning on mooring out on anchor for the most part. The ice was to thick to stick the water but it looked like a couple feet deep at the end and it was low tide. Looking at the pilings the water comes up 2-3 ft higher when the tides in.

Not too many boats out there today.
riverh6_zps2a48bb34.png

keith, nice pics and thankyou for taking the ride over there to look at the house. really like that house and I think that is going to work the best for us with rooms and parking.

Now Keith i'm gonna need you to take the snow out and make it 85 degrees so we can make this happen now!!! I'm going through withdrawals!!!!

Single digit temps and beer almost to cold to drink tonight but only,​

4 more months till party time :cheers:

Well one powerhead is built. Other one is gonna be picked up today from machine shop, have the parts to assemble that one , new gas tank is being built, and parts for my lower unit came in to fix that. If it rains all weekend when were down there I'm gonna be real salty after working my ass off to get money to build the boat and then just about kill myself trying to stay awake to build it. A little behind schedule but trying my best to have it done for the end of june. What we do for our boats is insane sometimes. :brickwall:

Back