• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE WEEKEND 2014

That would work for me, that falls in a 11 day vacation that the department has me scheduled for already! Now I just need to see if I can make reservations for 2 this time!

Reservations for 2? Where am I supposed to ride at?

I'm in for at least one day at this point. Time will tell if I have time to make the whole duration. Where is this new location?

here is the new location. If you read the reviews the pictures don't do it justice.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p418320vb

The date of submission is earlier than the date stayed for the first review.

But that's probably a typo - I'm sure every internet review is real.
Those dates should work fine for us - I could think of no better way to enjoy Fathers Day.
Also delighted that Merc is bringing along a babysitter. Thanks bud! :thumb:

We're in!

been following your thread on the next bash. i do most of my boating in this area and im fairly certain at times large to very large boats roll by this area as it appears to be almost on the inter coastal waterway. alot of homes have lifts there for a reason . just throwing it out there if someone planned on staying on the boat tied to the pier. i looked at the aerial photos and im kinda certain just hard to judge the distance , however that area is awesome. just best to be prepared.

How far is the nearest ramp? Is it a good one? And is there enough grass parking for everyone? House looks fine to me.

not sure about ramps the bohemia is right around the bend and the elk is strait across Brian bought his ZT at triton marine on the elk river. you will see a lot of boats anchored a few yards of shore but not rafted up in that area. but the house does look great I know you guys want to protect your boats and I was just thinking and wanted to mention it

that is the only down fall to the house is it is right below the c&d canal and big boats pass by. was kind of hoping we wouldn't have as much commercial traffic on a weekend. as for parking the trucks and trailers we have plenty of room for that.

If you click satalite veiw on the map you can see Bohemia vista marina right below the house around the point. You'll also see the tower to the right of the house with a gravel road going to it. The owner says we can park on that road and on the property. The owner calls the house "the river party house". Talking to him, he seems to be a good guy that understands what we will be doing and has no problems with it.

The water there may be a little bit of an issue but I don't think it will be a deal breaker. If you look at the one pic the pier is pretty high up. Thats low tide. The owner says the water is only a couple feet deep at low tide at the pier and most will beach or anchor out. Theres the marina right there so boats could be put in and out if the water seems to rough to stay in overnight. I had planned on going over to check it all out before going any farther with it but we have about a foot of snow right now. Soon as the snow clears up in the next few days I'll take a trip to make sure it will work for us.

Nothing is final yet and still open to suggestions but we need to get something locked in so people can take off and we dont get stuck with everything being booked.

I'd probably be fine with leaving my car and trailer at the marina (probably the one that Sim and I used 2 yrs ago for Dobbins) and take our gear to the house by boat.
Then if I needed the car I could boat back to it or catch a lift with someone else so I could drive it to the house.

I'd probably be fine with leaving my car and trailer at the marina (probably the one that Sim and I used 2 yrs ago for Dobbins) and take our gear to the house by boat.
Then if I needed the car I could boat back to it or catch a lift with someone else so I could drive it to the house.

We could all help each other out to get the needed vehicles to the house or the ramp.

we may have to give a little somewhere. the house we voted on parking would be a problem, but everything else works for us, the house me and keith found has plenty of room, good price, close ramp and plenty of parking but we would have to worry about the boats with rough water, the house on the magothy looks like it might work but I haven't found a ramp close by either, not sure on parking also.

whatever you guys choose I will try and make a day trip. been awhile but I will never forget you peeps. I have a great tshirt collection , your a great bunch of boaters.

Lets get a list together for people that will be staying in the house. that way we see exactly what we need for accommodations. copy and add your name to the list

Demag, wife and two kids

Back