• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate's dated Webpage??

JUPITER PULSARE

I think Checkmate needs to update their webpage. It's dated, still has information about Doug Smith on the site, reflects older boat photos and has no new exciting information. As a boat brand with a long history and a cult following, it's important for Checkmate to stay current and keep up with the times. We all have a great deal of pride in our boats and the brand. I'm sure the owners of Checkmate are busy building boats and trying to stay afloat during tough economic times (let alone worry about the internet) but a great web site in today's media age is of utmost importance...just my 2 cents worth..

When I looked at it a week ago or so I wondered if it even accurately reflected their current lineup. Is the 270br really gone? Nothing smaller than the 1850br? Two parts of the market I would think they may want to keep or bring back?

Also not to rag on anyone who has one but are ZT 350 and 275s even selling?

Is it actually true that you can order a zt280 still?
Is a 270 convincor still available?

I'm just curious. Not in the market for a new boat, just a fan.

Is it actually true that you can order a zt280 still?
Is a 270 convincor still available?

I'm just curious. Not in the market for a new boat, just a fan.

Actually, when I was at the factory last year with Helmich, they told us you can order anything they have molds for as a brand new boat. I think they still have the 251 mold, and quite a few older boats still. I was hoping to order a brand new Starflite one day!!!

Actually, when I was at the factory last year with Helmich, they told us you can order anything they have molds for as a brand new boat. I think they still have the 251 mold, and quite a few older boats still. I was hoping to order a brand new Starflite one day!!!

If I ever win the lottery I'm having my boat re rigged and I got the zt 280 I'd build stuck in my head. If I ever win that is.
Good to know the dream is still alive lol

Was just thinking the same about the excitement the other day.
Seems its kinda fizzled out and not really anything big going on that I think alot of us were expecting.

I don't think they have the punisher mold anymore. It would be cool to see more of them though.

They did attend last year's Miami Boat show and had a new Pulsare 2400 Long Deck with a Mercury Verado 350 but the colors of the boat, in my opinion, were horrible. The Hustlers in the booth were outstanding..they need to step it up, maybe work with Wildman and bring some exciting custom rigged Mates to a few shows!!

Jup, you nailed it. Either way, rigging and colors aside, their webpage hasn't changed in years. In a market where the vast majority of "shopping" is done on the net before a buyer ever sets foot in a showroom, a bad website can put you our of the running before your product is ever seen in person. If your product is seen in person, by one that is not familiar with it, a bad website can deter a would be buyer as it could be perceived that the company does not value technology or quality and keeping with the times.

This could be attributed to the parent company as well. Hustlers website isn't exactly anything to brag about.

And I almost forgot...who uses a .net address these days!?

Sounds to me like maybe they are having the same issue as every other small company, they can't find or will not spend the $$$ for a good it guy. Good tech guys cost a lot of money now days and companies don't want to shell it out. Hey there are plenty of you that may need to send some resumes over to them, just saying.

That won't happen. Factory doesn't approve of Wildmans rigging.

OK I'll bite. What part of his rigging? Setback?

I know that when I purchased a new 2100 they would not allow more than a 10" Setback on it from the factory.

As we all know, Wildman usually has more than that on his set up. Usually....

HD

OK I'll bite. What part of his rigging? Setback?

I can't remember the exact reason but it is either related to the amount of setback or the brand of jackplate possibly causing transom issues.

I guess that'll happen when you rig boats to run as fast as he does. I don't think anyone is setting them up to run near what he is doing.

Imagine the possibilities & level of customization that they could produce with all those molds, like Jup says, a good website does wonders, keeping things alive & up to date it brings in new customers. Endless possibilities.

I can't remember the exact reason but it is either related to the amount of setback or the brand of jackplate possibly causing transom issues.

I guess that'll happen when you rig boats to run as fast as he does. I don't think anyone is setting them up to run near what he is doing.

When you look at the standard support for the transom provided by the factory, it is ok for their hull/motor combo's. Going high performance like Wildman does, requires a little more beef. When I did the resto on my Starflite I was asked if I planned on putting a pair of 300's on the back. (I did over build the transom support a bit) But as a fabricator I estimated the cost of the extra support for both labor and materials (if done on all models) to be only $150.00.
After all the brand is sold as a PERFORMANCE BOAT, isn't it?

Maybe I am getting carried away with the performance aspect. :confused:

When you look at the standard support for the transom provided by the factory, it is ok for their hull/motor combo's. Going high performance like Wildman does, requires a little more beef. When I did the resto on my Starflite I was asked if I planned on putting a pair of 300's on the back. (I did over build the transom support a bit) But as a fabricator I estimated the cost of the extra support for both labor and materials (if done on all models) to be only $150.00.
After all the brand is sold as a PERFORMANCE BOAT, isn't it?

Maybe I am getting carried away with the performance aspect. :confused:

Adding $150 to the cost of every boat when only a small percentage would benefit or even care is unwise. However, if you market the upgrade properly then that can work for you.

Back