• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

closed bow to open bow conversion

ramman07

Has anyone converted their checkmate boat from a closed bow to a mid cabin open bow? I have a 1999 Convincor with a 502 and am considering this option. Any thoughts???

Has anyone converted their checkmate boat from a closed bow to a mid cabin open bow? I have a 1999 Convincor with a 502 and am considering this option. Any thoughts???

There's a 25' Convincor that was converted to a center console w/outboard on here. I don't of anyone that's done the mid cabin conversion though. Are you doing the glass work or having someone do it for you? I've talked to a friend about this very topic on a smaller checkmate. The factory hasn't made a mid cabin for 21' boat yet.

Just my opinion, but I think the conversion would hurt the resale value and only a small amount of potential buyers would consider the boat. That being said, I think it would be a very cool project!:bigthumb:

I have had the boat for about two years now and am finally finding time to use it like it should be. I am looking to have a custom shop in Lake Havasu do the conversion. It just seems sensible to open the bow up so that I can get more people on board. I am just concerned with harming the structure of the boat.

structure wise I think it could be built to last but I don't think you will offer much seating area on a 242. The cabin isn't very big to begin with and making it a MCOB would leave little space as a bowrider.

Boat guys in Havasu are pro's at coverting boats to open bows. I thought about opening up a 242 myself.

You may have to alter the liner in the cabin, but I'm thinking, with that big long deck it will make a heck of an open bow.

Cut away, but, post pictures please.

Back