• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Cool Offshore racing clips!

Reminds me of my youth in the Key's.
My Father would take me to the races in Key West every year.
I remember they ran in Marathon one year. That's back when they ran out about 10 miles and back.
Big water and big waves.:thumb:

Thanks JP.

Sweet video Jup, that Apache towards the end was insane. The boat flip looked pretty scary too.

Heart pounding video

Here's a really cool video of some old offshore racing footage..when boats had open cockpits & seas were big!! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94ZHLXzTZM

Thanks Jup for posting this vid ---- I've actually been watching this video for a couple of years now everytime I want to rekindle my motavation for fast and furious boating.
This is the very video that enticed me out of my ChrisCraft and into my Checkmate.

As the announcer stated at one point --- "that is/was power boating at it's best".
Watching that 40ft open cockpit Apache {Warpath} powering through and jumping through those big seas at close to 100mph still gets me all tingly:D

And to think, that Apache didn't even finish that race --- wow that is some exciting chit --- I can watch that video another 100 times and it'll still get my adrenaline pumping off the charts :bounce:

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Thanks Jup for posting this vid ---- I've actually been watching this video for a couple of years now everytime I want to rekindle my motavation for fast and furious boating.
This is the very video that enticed me out of my ChrisCraft and into my Checkmate.

As the announcer stated at one point --- "that is/was power boating at it's best".
Watching that 40ft open cockpit Apache {Warpath} powering through and jumping through those big seas at close to 100mph still gets me all tingly:D

And to think, that Apache didn't even finish that race --- wow that is some exciting chit --- I can watch that video another 100 times and it'll still get my adrenaline pumping off the charts :bounce:

Untitled-2-1.jpg

I feel the same way......that video is what my dreams are made of:drool:

Untitled-2-1.jpg

What's ironic to think about is that the Apache "Warpath" is really the original "Cat Killer". That video was one of the first races that Ben Kramer ran with Bob Sacente throttling and the boat was built to counter the attack of all the Cats that began racing during that era. Kramer believed that if his boat could win on the race course his designs would never get caught by the FEDS while running drugs in the open ocean..Poor guy; he must relive his racing youth everyday while he rots in jail....

What's ironic to think about is that the Apache "Warpath" is really the original "Cat Killer". That video was one of the first races that Ben Kramer ran with Bob Sacente throttling and the boat was built to counter the attack of all the Cats that began racing during that era. Kramer believed that if his boat could win on the race course his designs would never get caught by the FEDS while running drugs in the open ocean..Poor guy; he must relive his racing youth everyday while he rots in jail....

I just did a search on Ben Kramer, I had no idea who he is, all I have to say is WOW! "Rots in jail" is a good way to put it.

Back