• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Current Caldwell Checkmate production

I ordered a Pulsare 2400 BRX last April. Denny said there were eight boats in front of mine. I guess I am still four boats behind the DukeOfDayton.
Not a good feeling.

I ordered a Pulsare 2400 BRX last April. Denny said there were eight boats in front of mine. I guess I am still four boats behind the DukeOfDayton.
Not a good feeling.
You ordered your BRX one year ago. At that time that had 8 orders ahead of yours. You said that you were 4 boats behind the Duke of Dayton. Does that mean that they built 4 of those 8 boats in the last year?? If so, then production has not completely stopped like some of us thought but slowed considerably. Or did I misunderstand it?

Here is the cause of the delay possibly. Being taken to court due to a boat failure? This is going to be a long process I think.

Anyone having a boat currently on order I highly recommend you read the full thread about the Sea Cat failure, the way the owner of Caldwell handled it & why. I would want my deposit back immediately and go find a Ohio built Checkmate.

Hi Madtown. While I concur that the Sea Cat saga iS likely affecting current production, Caldwell Marine International is NOT the same company as Caldwell Marine Designs.

It looks like Caldwell found a better opportunity.

I’d hate to see Caldwell push the CM molds
In the corner and the brand continues to die a slow death.

It would be great to see a small boutique shop buy the molds….I truly believe there would be a small but loyal customer base for the remaining Checkmate models w- updated materials and equipment.

Time will tell-

I’d hate to see Caldwell push the CM molds
In the corner and the brand continues to die a slow death.

It would be great to see a small boutique shop buy the molds….I truly believe there would be a small but loyal customer base for the remaining Checkmate models w- updated materials and equipment.

Time will tell-
But would need to make a profit while keeping price affordable which has been the death of many? What's a mercury 300hp go for today?

Reactions: SCT
But is it to a point right now, where no one can build a Checkmate boat? Who owns the company, the name and the ability to build a Checkmate?

But is it to a point right now, where no one can build a Checkmate boat? Who owns the company, the name and the ability to build a Checkmate?
All good questions, I don't think we really know the true answers to those questions. We suspect that Caldwell might stop building them because someone posted he was returning deposits, but do we really know if he has stopped building them for good?

All good questions, I don't think we really know the true answers to those questions. We suspect that Caldwell might stop building them because someone posted he was returning deposits, but do we really know if he has stopped building them for good?

If I had to guess right now I would say the brand is done as far as Caldwell is concerned. With the Donzi deal & the legal issues that are involved with the Checkmate name it is sadly over I think. Real shame.

I might be wrong but I think that article was written when Caldwell originally bought Checkmate but perhaps was posted 3 weeks ago on the website you mentioned? Hopefully I am wrong.

Back