• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

"Wanted" End Piece For Handrail

Sam I am

Had a screw back out and didn't notice it until the end piece went to the bottom of the lake. Help.

Sam

West Marine has a decent selection of hand rail fittings . That's where I got some for my Senator . Probably have to order them , I did .
Redboat

Dave, I'll get some pics and slap a tape measure on the opposite side tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: I did talk to Dave at the factory and he said they can still get that stuff, but it all comes from China now. Sounds like it was kinda a slow year down in Bucyrus, but the did make about 12 new hulls. So...that's better than nothing. Anyone know what they were cranking out in the old days?

This question came up yrs earlier, I’m pretty sure the consensus was there’s no real numbers available, but Bill stated (somewhere) the total hulls built was well over 6000 of all sizes thru the yrs.
It was 96 I drove down to pick up a new windshield for the starflite. I didn’t know the office and factory was in two locations. I stop at the factory, stumbled around the huge building until I opened a door and found their “clean room” for I/O’s there was like 10 of them in various stages of motor and outdrive installations. It must of been break time cause no one was around. After a few minutes of dreaming I figured I better scoot. After some more stumbling around finally ran into a guy (he was surprised to see me) he pointed me down the road to the office.

Here's the pics...I did not have a tape with me at the time of picture, but you get the idea A=B=C Looks like the piece in question is about 5-5/8"

IMG_0438.jpg

image1.jpg

Bump...still need to find one of these. I've been on the intertube a lot searching and not having any luck.

Dave, I'll get some pics and slap a tape measure on the opposite side tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: I did talk to Dave at the factory and he said they can still get that stuff, but it all comes from China now. Sounds like it was kinda a slow year down in Bucyrus, but the did make about 12 new hulls. So...that's better than nothing. Anyone know what they were cranking out in the old days?

More than 12 every few days. 6-8 boats a day.

Back