• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

FS: 1999 Checkmate Convincor 259/270 NICE willing to Trade UP

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=21458

Pics can be seen on above link! May consider selling less power.

I want to get a bigger, better riding boat so its time for me to sell or trade this one. I am the 3rd owner and have had it 6 years. Checkmate called it a 259 in 1999 and a 270 in 2000 (swim platform).
I just took it out for the first time this season and with 2 adults on board and a full tank of fuel, just under 75mph (74.6 GPS) at 5400

Hull:
-Painted solid white with Sikkens base/clear, the graphics are vinyl and can be easily changed or removed. There is no damage or soft spots etc
-Bennett trim tabs
-Pop up cleats and lights

Interior:
- Drop out bolsters, no rips, tears or discoloration. There is one small crack in one of the red checkers on the swim pad but that is it. I had the lower half of the back seat recovered as well as the side panels, everything else is extermely nice. The carpeting was replaced last season, it is snap in style I bought directly from Checkmate.
-Kiekhaffer controls
-Jensen sirius ready stereo with dash controls, amp and 2 10" MTX subs
-Cabin interior looks new, can sleep two adults and 2 rug rats, no pics yet but I can take some.

Engine:
- 25 hours on everything. It is 454 Gen5 block 4 bolt ARP studs (This block was removed from a truck so it has many years of service left in it with no corrosion issues)
-Balanced rotating assy, Scat forged 4340 crank 4.250 stroke, GM steel rods with ARP bolts, JE forged pistons
-Melling High volume oil pump
-MSD billet marine distributor and new MSD digital 6 ignition
-System one stainless oil filter
-Dart aluminum 310 marine heads, stainless intake and exh valves, comp camps springs, titanium retainers, 10 deg locks. Comp Cams roller rockers and chromoly 3/8 pushrods
-Custom grind Comp hydraulic roller and Comp lifters
-Stainless water neck and crossover that I converted into an Idler so I could still run the serpentine belt
-Dart aluminum intake with Quick Fuel 950 carburetor. It is plumbed with a ZEX direct port fogger N2O system that is adjustable up to 450 hp. I have NEVER even tested it, it is not wired and I dont intend to! (If to want to risk it once its yours, go for it! I think it would be a 90 mph boat or better) I will give the owner the new in the box bottle, brackets,jets, paper work etc. It definately looks mean at the dock, connected or not!
-Aeromotive a1000 fuel pump and return regulator with -8 supply and -6 return
-CMI stainless sport tube light headers with o2 sensor bung
-Hardin Marine thermostatically controlled bronze oil cooler with PS cooler.
-Imco external hydraulic assist steering
-Hardin Marine stainless sea strainer with thru hull pick up
-New marine alternator and starter
-Fabricated valve covers with breather tank
-new batteries, pump impeller, fresh oil and drive service
-Bravo 1 drive with shower
-Bravo 4 blade 26p labbed by BBlades

Trailer:
its a Fastload aluminum, it could use a rebuild. Tires are decent, the brakes are surge style and do not work as the lines are corroded. I have new LED lights and wiring I have not installed. I replaced the bearings and 2 hubs last season. Its road worthy but nothing special.

I want 23,000.00 for all of it (I have ALOT more than that in it from the rear bulk head back!). I am looking for a 28-32 boat single or twin. Fountain, Pantera, Checkmate,Scarab etc I also have an 81 Wide Glide I can add to the deal as well as a Buick TType if anyone wants to downsize, otherwise Im gonna sell this stuff and step up!

attachment.php

Sitting at the Jetty, been there many times.

Can you post pics here, all I see is a x. The pics are only able to be viewed by members of boatfreaks.

Very nice boat. But what about the air cleaner? Is that Coast Guard legal?? I could be wrong. Or is there a K&N filter for boats..:confused:

K&N makes a filter that is designed to be used with the coast guard approved flame arrestor for my boat, but I am pretty sure that (in the picture) is not one of them.

Back