• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Holding down the fort in SW Michigan

If we do a South West Michigan get-together, I'd want to go to Gull Lake. It's huge, has a great sand bar, and has a gas dock at the south end. Only problem with Gull is the 45 mph speed limit :sssh:

i'm good w/ that , my wife dont like long runs of speed anyway just short bursts ,but heres to sandbars !:cheers

woa gull lake has a speed limit of 45.....ooops. i was goin 65+ on it this summer, we will probably be back up there again sometime my sis lives in portage.

I dont think there's a camp ground. There is a park with public facilities.
I grew up in Portage, next time you're in town let me know supergenius74!

HardyDam Michigan

Im back to the board again, havent been on here for a while sold my checkmate last summer.....BUT I just bought another Mate. I just bought a 1986 Checkmate 18' open bow. Not sure what model yet. Its got the 86 115hp motor which Im going to be looking for a newer 135 - 175hp. I do most of my summer on the HardyDam Muskegon river, With a few trips to Torch Lake . Would love to try some new places this summer. Just wanted to say hello to the Michigan Boaters. Troy aka persuader22:bigthumb::cheers

Welcome back Troy!! Since you were last here I bought a boat too, as you can see in my post. It's got a '94 Merc 135 that I may or may not be keeping.

Welcome back Troy!! Since you were last here I bought a boat too, as you can see in my post. It's got a '94 Merc 135 that I may or may not be keeping.

Thanks , Let me know about the motor. Nice looking boat you got there! :thumb:

Let's see a pic of your boat! 18' bow rider, I'm guessing Diplomat?

coming

I just have to upload the photos to photobucket later on, I looked under the 1986 brochure to try to see what model? you will have to let me know what model you think it is by the pics. What year is the motor you have?

Take a tape measure and get the actual distance from the nose to the transom, that'll help determine what model you have

New to forum and checkmates. But, just got the first one about 3 weeks ago! live near gull lake and will be out this summer. FYI the speed limit is 40....what a waste! and it has a db rating of 90! Also no campgrounds on the lake. there are a couple not far though! :bigthumb:

That darn speed limit :rof:

I topped that with my first Pulse years ago when I had a day off with the family. Great lake to get a Checkmate up on plane, balanced on the pad, and run 60+ for the length from top to bottom.

Despite all this nasty weather, I WENT FOR A BOAT RIDE TODAY!!!! :banana: :surf:

Put the 7 1/2 on the back of the Alumacraft and shoved it into the water. I got about a football field size opening. Drove back and forth several times :bigthumb:

I'm waiting for the warm weather too. Went out in the barn yesterday and looked at the Enforcer for a while with a couple of "cold ones" :cheers

OOPS! I just saw a dock floating by. I guess I stirred up the water enough to break apart my neighbors dock (that he shouldn't have left in all winter). I'll put on the waders and go down and rescue it...........:eek:

Back