• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Holding down the fort in SW Michigan

I saw a lot of trash floating in the river in the past weeks too.

WARM UP ALLREADY!!!

Anybody here ever go to Lake James? It's just over the border in Angola, Indiana. I was up at the yacht club last week and people were still ice fishing! C'mon spring!

I do! what a party, probably the best place to boat in northern indiana except that it gets really busy sometimes. I say we have a get together on gun lake, I liked gull lake but the public access kinda sucked I thought and you obviously can't go fast. Gun lake is a little farther north but huge and although it is shallow you can go fast and there is a big island that everyone parties at. Just my thoughts, i will go anywhere withing driving distance for a descent checkmate rally.

4" + of snow here last nite again :brickwall:, global warming my a$$:pissed: , we got robbed of indian summer then spring just isnt gettin here !

I was out on Grosse Isle this week, and I've to say the river is as high as I can remember in the past dozen yrs!!!!!!!!

I took our " work" snowmobile out on the lake today and pulled in all of our signs that we have on the snowmobile trail on the lake. Right now the ice is almost 3' thick.

Our fishing opener is just over 30 days away. Still close to 11" of snow on the ground. Mother Nature has a lot of work to do. That's pretty much all I can say as last night our low temp was 7 degrees. Last year it was 81 degrees on March 26th and we had "Ice-Out" on April 2nd.

I think we were spoiled.... Michigan seems like Florida to me!

Mid 80's down here today.I'm really starting to feel sorry for you guys up north.Every time I look at this thread someone is getting more snow.:shakehead:
It must be tuff to see spring around the corner,but it just wont get here.:brickwall:You guys are strong,because I dont think I could take 5 months off the water.Is this winter dragging on or is this the norm?Well anyway heres to a quick warm up and may your lakes thaw fast.:cheers

Our snow will be gone now. Warm temps and rain the next few days will finish off the snow. Lakes may or may not be clear though!

55 degrees and rain this next Monday! That will take a big chunk out of the ice!:banana:
Sounds like maybe going to bring her home finally, next weekend!

we had temps in the 50's today, the river was like a sheet of glass tonight when I came home today.

Should hit 60-65 this weekend in SE WI. I'd take the boat out of storage this weekend to get it ready (or just sit in it and make engine noises) but my boss is sending me to Toronto for a week of training. I'm leaving 65 for Canada! Aaahhh!! No offense meant!!!!

Finally got her home!!!! Okay, the ice is gone after yesterdays 64 high and now the FUN starts! Got a little cleaning to do and some maintenance then on the water! :banana:

Back