• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

HOW FAST IS YOUR CHECKMATE? EVERYONE!

You just need to put a bigger motor on that bad boy!

and while i'm here...

79 Predictor
5.5" Setback .25" below the pad
2.4 200 Merc
27p lapped trophy
bob's lwp

82.5mph on GPS!

Trying to speed her up before summer!! :thumb:

1988 21ft starflite with 85 200 merc with 26p chopper 65mph taching 6000

Ordering a jackplate soon... Any suggestions on setback and brand?

1984 Convincor

I built the stock 454 ci,370 hp,into a 496 ci,524 dyno hp motor at 5200 rpm,with 594 lbs of torque at 4100 rpm!!! THe inside of the motor was changed with a Valasco 4 1/4 stroke steel crank,Lunati pro mod rods,SRP 60 over forged pistons,Crane 500 hp roller cam, Merlin single plane intake,Heads were opened up some and had 2:19 intakes changed too 2:25!!! I am in the process of playing with props but have spun a 24x4 blade at 5400 rpm,but will play again this year!!!

1990 SPORTFIRE 68MPH

1990 SPORT FIRE HAS SLIGHTLY BUILT 350 AND A 5 INCH STERN JACK. LOOKING FOR MORE SPEED . ITS A NEW BOAT FOR ME. I HAD 67.9 ON GPS. 2 PEOPLE . WINDY DAY 10 TO 15 JUST STARTING TO GET WHITE CAPS IN THE POND. NOT SURE HOW MUCH MORE I CAN GET WAS GETTING PRETTY LIGHT. ADDED NAUTICIA SMART TABS DONT THINK THEY DO MUCH AT THAT SPEED . DO HAVE 1 QUESTION THE STERN DRIVE IS POINTED SLIGHTLY DOWN IF YOU TAP THE TRIM BUTTON 4 TIMES IT POINTS STRAIGHT BACK FROM THE BOAT. BUT BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT OF THE ENGINE. IT STILL NOT PARALLEL WITH THE WATER . BUT SHOULD I START OFF WTH THE DRIVE NOT ALL THE WAY DOWN?

hey how you doing, I have a 18ft sportfire with a 5.7 an a good cam. heard the hydro foil isant that good. so i put trim tabs on it natica smat tabs. easy install had then set agreessive but cause porposeing when u slow down. was sugested to start from the less agressive side. that the could hurt the top end .gps 68. but it was windy with no white caps just chop. i also have alpha drive 23-M prop. what ever that is tachs 6000. i want to lower it a little. happy boating

94.73 so far in a new 2011 21CD Pulsare. Gettin my new prop today, hoping for bigger numbers!

SAM_0998.jpg

Hey guys, 2011 2100 pulsare ld. 2010 Merc 250 proxs set back 15 inches. Cmc jackplate included in 15 inches. Propshaft about 3 inches below pad. 3 holes left to raise on jackplate. Motor has a torquemaster lower unit. Think I can go up another inch or 2 given the setback. Have to watch water pressure anyway. Running a 27 inch fury at 5830 rpms. Has a digital lavorsi tack combo. speedo gps not working right yet, but tack has a simple digital gps in it. Shows 80, 81. Anyone wondering about running the fury should give it a try. For my set up it works great. Had 4 adults 2 children on board and planed off easily. No blow out at all. Loads of bow lift at speed. Wish they made a 28 inch, may have to have mine labbed when motor gets lifted.

'80 Entertainer, 200 EFI 68mph Gps

That is with just me a cooler and a full tank. It will just touch 70 with everything out of the boat, but it is a handfull. Every little ripple sends it into chine walk to the point I must back out.

Put my wife in it and it is a rock solid 67mph. That is "ROCK SOLID" to the point i can sit back relax and just enjoy the ride with one hand on the wheel and the other holding my...um...soda.

That is with just me a cooler and a full tank. It will just touch 70 with everything out of the boat, but it is a handfull. Every little ripple sends it into chine walk to the point I must back out.

Put my wife in it and it is a rock solid 67mph. That is "ROCK SOLID" to the point i can sit back relax and just enjoy the ride with one hand on the wheel and the other holding my...um...soda.

Could it b thatyour chinewalk issue has as much to do with the load being unevenly distributed as the extra 3 mph. With your wife back in the boat, on the port side I am assuming, it is rock solid at 67 mph. Sounds like i would keep her in the boat.:rof:

It only walks when I have 1/4 tank of fuel or less. It will not walk on smooth flat water. It only walks when I hit a wave that upsets it then I have to trim it in to set the nose down to let it settle again. I have tried to drive through it while jacking the motor but it never settles.

I agree on the balance. When I rebuilt this boat I made sure everything is balanced. I have experimented with fuel level. if I have 3/8 of a tank (little less than half) then it will not do it.

Hey Boatman, Saw the videos.Looked great. See you have a jackplate on a jackplate. How low are you running the propshaft below the pad. Im assuming your running a torquemaster lower unit. Bug,

72 MX-15 merc 115 laser II and still have more to go sorry for vid quality hard to drive with one hand and cell phone in other videoing speedo.

http://th_0924091503a_552963.jpg

http://

0725091243b_522270.jpg

Isnt this what checkmate is supposed to look like small little boat with over sized motor on back lol.

I have not taken a measurement, but it is slightly above the pad. I am now at 78.5gps with maybe a bit more left.

Hey guys, update on speed. 2011 2100 pulsare LD. 2010 250 proxs 15 in setback cmc jackplate in that 15 in. Propshaft about 1.5 inches below pad cant go any higher on my rig. I have a torquemaster lower no holes plugged cant go any higher any way.Propshaft was at about 3 inches below pad last time I tested. 27 fury saw 83 mph on hand held garmin gps this time, was having all kinds of problems with reg internal speedo still tryin to fix. Motor was turning close to 6000 rpm. Boat handles great. No chine walk and over 20lbs of water presure at WOT. Gets to 80 pretty quick. Gotta let her run for a while to get last couple mphs out though. I also have a tendency to get on the trim pretty heavy. Im probably takin away from some top end. Have to leave the nose a little lower and see. Oh yeah me and my girl full tank.

1980 Diplomat

Hello all...I am a newbie to the checkmate manufacturer and I must say they make one hell of boat. I purchased a 1980 Dipllomat with a 1982 Evinrude 150. Its the gold flake. Pristine Interior and Gel coat is flawless. The boat has 80 hours on it. Anywho back to the mph. I got it up to 47 mph trimmed up with a whale tail. Best boat i have owned!!!!:bounce::cheers:

1984 Exciter

Update. Just ran My new LaserII 23p yesterday.

All speeds gps.
21p Cleaver- 63mph @ 5200rpm
21p High Five- 58mph @ 5300rpm
23p LaserII- 65mph @ 4800rpm

Back