• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

JP's Pulsare ressurection #2

Alright I took the time to remember my S&F password, saved the pic to my puter and am uploading it from there just cause I'm so busy today :rolleyes:

Attachments

• jups boat.jpg
    jups boat.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 241
Interesting......Looks like that salt water makes even fiberglass rust.

Interesting......Looks like that salt water makes even fiberglass rust.

The brown spots you're seeing are from the metal inserts that are installed in the backrest for securing the rear seat. I have not highspeed wheeled the gelcoat out yet..they should dissappear once I detail the boat...besides, they'll be covered by the rear seat anyway. John, thanks for posting the pics. I think my pictures don't show because I'm not a paying member anymore..so I'm going to rejoin!!!

Let's see if I can get this right!! The top photo is prepped, sanded and painted. The bottom two photo show what I started with!!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pulsare Bilge before.jpg
    Pulsare Bilge before.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Pulsare bilge middle.jpg
    Pulsare bilge middle.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 57
Spent a little time on the Pulsare yesterday. I started re-rigging the bilge are routing my harnesses. Installed the battery box and oil injection tank mount (just incase I use it). I also wet sanded the entire hull with
wet/dry 1000. It was nice to see the bright white gelcoat along with the green and purple stripes come back to life!!!:thumb: The brightness of the colors has remotivated me to keep moving forward. Next I'm going to wet sand the entire boat with wet/dry 1200. Then I'll high speed wheel it with 3M Finness It and finish it off with Maguires Marine wax. I've got January 20th through the 23rd off so I'm sure I'll get alot of work done that weekend!!

Progress made yesterday. Wet sanded the whole boat with 1200 wet/dry. Hit the topdeck with 3M Finnessit and a high speed wheel. Then did two coats of Maguires Cleaner Wax and a high speed wheel. The pictures were taken at dusk but you can see the color and shine came back!!

Attachments

• xmas and new years 2011 062.jpg
    xmas and new years 2011 062.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 70
  • xmas and new years 2011 063.jpg
    xmas and new years 2011 063.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 69
Progress made yesterday. Wet sanded the whole boat with 1200 wet/dry. Hit the topdeck with 3M Finnessit and a high speed wheel. Then did two coats of Maguires Cleaner Wax and a high speed wheel. The pictures were taken at dusk but you can see the color and shine came back!!

Looks great! I can see your reflection and even in the dark.

Just ordered a set of Panther Marine 4" Setback brackets for the Pulsare. I think these are the best 4" setbacks in the market. Not only are they anodized black, they are built out of 1/2" T-6 heat treated aluminum and have a flared shape to them giving you a wider footprint against the transom for more support. These are the same setback brackets I used on the AE-21.

0,396,442&scl=1&fmt=jpeg&id=2T_oOYMRuVVBE7an4wNy8F.jpg

Attachments

• AE-21 PANTHER SETBACK BRACKETS.jpg
    AE-21 PANTHER SETBACK BRACKETS.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31
I think I had the panther brackets on my 06. I got them from hotdaddy. They worked awesome and look great with a Merc. There was no sticker, but they were black 4" setback brackets identical to those.

I think I had the panther brackets on my 06. I got them from hotdaddy. They worked awesome and look great with a Merc. There was no sticker, but they were black 4" setback brackets identical to those.

Yep, those are them. Never had that purple sticker.

HD

Yup..just a bit brighter and shinier!! If it was raining today I would've installed the new setback brackets!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 52
Even though I have this Pulsare up for sale, I'm still moving forward with my restoration. I just made custom backing plates/transom savers for the inside of the transom. They are made from 3" wide aluminum bar and are 1/2" thick. The cool thing was watching the metal shop punch the mounting holes out of the aluminum. They have a 1 ton press that cuts through the aluminum like it's butter!!! The bars will receive two coats of black paint before being installed.

Just ordered a set of Panther Marine 4" Setback brackets for the Pulsare. I think these are the best 4" setbacks in the market. Not only are they anodized black, they are built out of 1/2" T-6 heat treated aluminum and have a flared shape to them giving you a wider footprint against the transom for more support. These are the same setback brackets I used on the AE-21.

0,396,442&scl=1&fmt=jpeg&id=2T_oOYMRuVVBE7an4wNy8F.jpg

Jup,

Are you putting another jack plate on this as well ? Do all the holes match up ? I would like to put more setback on mine, I have a 5.5" CMC hydro. Not sure if the holes match up so I am hesitant.

Mike :cheers:

Jup,

Are you putting another jack plate on this as well ? Do all the holes match up ? I would like to put more setback on mine, I have a 5.5" CMC hydro. Not sure if the holes match up so I am hesitant.

Mike :cheers:
Mike, the holes are UIM bolt pattern and match up perfectly. I Installed my setback brackets today. Sorry for the crummy I-Phone picture. I'll shoot some better photos of the setback and the transom saver brackets I made.

Attachments

• Panther set back on Pulsare.jpg
    Panther set back on Pulsare.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Now that River Ranch is done, I have some more time to work on the Pulsare. I pulled it out of storage, gave it a good bath and did some minor rerigging in the bilge. It's time to order new rub rail insert...should I stick with white or switch it to black???

Attachments

• 1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 003.jpg
    1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 003.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 004.jpg
    1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 004.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 001.jpg
    1997 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 31
Here's a couple of more:

Attachments