• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lowe quality boat rigging...

john lamon

Really poor rigging on the boats coming to us from Lowe, I know I wouldn't be happy with it if I had one so I ordered 3 different sizes of that stretchable rigging sleeve and did the first one this morning, what you guys think?

I forgot to take a before picture so I took a before of another boat outside, they all look the same as far as being sloppy.

image_zpsqkgj8sxe.jpg

after

image_zpsz3re2ls2.jpg

how can they care so liittle? lol

image_zpseod4lcyo.jpg

image_zpscarp8bhe.jpg

Another thing that bothered me was the way the bimini lights plug in and just wire connections hanging out.

image_zpsnoy96qv9.jpg

image_zpsxe8hih57.jpg

I like being able to add my own touches to the boats, really enjoying the new job.

nice work, but that type of quaility is common from boat companies. that and boat trailer builders that won't spend the extra $5 to ground their trailers properly.

i've seen drywall screws used to hold floors in, torn seats and sunpads, stereo doors that wouldn't close, the hydraulic steering lines reversed, oil pressure sender not installed, and one of my fav's - the truckload of boats that showed up with their shirkwrap blown off and full of salt and sand from a winter's drive - very nice.

but the best one had to have been the boat that had the scuppers installed upside down so that the boat filled with water - good times.

I'm with DropTop5.0 regarding the white stuff.
The before shots look brutal.
Much nicer afterwards.

Last edited:
Started on one today that is actually pretty good, haben't even found anything that doesn't work yet, I will say these infinity's are a damn nice tooner, sorry small pics, iphone will only let me do one at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 11
Want! Hoping you get a chance to demo a boat like that this summer and compare it to the family Hurricane. Real world comparo!

Won't be long before are old Canadian friend John Lamon is headin south toward palm tree country and buyin sports cars between rigging jobs :rof:

Seriously though nice work cleaning up the details!

Back