• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Mangrove running in the keys

thats is so cool !! you used to running that ? water looked shallow in spots or just something made it look that way ? where in Fl is that ?? very neat !! thanks Rob

I got the heat on 92 in my office and the full screen on .:drool: wish I was there:brickwall: great vid . Warmed things up around here.:lol:

Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

Where in the keys is that? Looks to be middle to upper keys somewhere. I've done some flats fishing where the guide goes ripping through like that and I've also done some back country kayaking. One of my favorite vacation spots:bigthumb:

The area is the Upper Keys. The city is Islamorada. I go their once a year just to do the mangrove running. Never touched the bottom with the prop the whole time down there. The water is real shallow looking but crystal clear. I never stop to see the depth. I get as much a rush from mangrove running as doing 100+ in the Allison. Glad you all enjoyed the video.

Great job on the vid.
Looks like a blast, and no other boat trafic.
Also looks like ya dont want to meet any other boats comin at ya.
Sure would like to try it.

Back