• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New 2800SX interior!

It's amazing how, what seems to be an easy job, can turn into a long day! After grinding, fitting, regrinding, measuring, drilling, and screwing, my new bi-fold cabin door is installed and all the hull liner is finished around the perimeter of the cockpit.:thumb:

Attachments

• 2800 CABIN DOOR INSTALLED 002.jpg
    2800 CABIN DOOR INSTALLED 002.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 2800 CABIN DOOR INSTALLED 004.jpg
    2800 CABIN DOOR INSTALLED 004.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 2800 CABIN DOOR INSTALLED 003.jpg
    2800 CABIN DOOR INSTALLED 003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 108
When flooring costs $375.00 you measure 27 times and cut once!!:thumb: Got attacked by own razor blade a couple times and lost about a pint of blood but my Lonseal Loncoin floor is finally done. I dropped the seat box and corner pieces in the boat for a preliminary fit..

Attachments

• loncoin floor and seatbox 002.jpg
    loncoin floor and seatbox 002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 112
  • loncoin floor and seatbox 003.jpg
    loncoin floor and seatbox 003.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 107
  • loncoin floor and seatbox 004.jpg
    loncoin floor and seatbox 004.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 209
It's amazing how, what seems to be an easy job, can turn into a long day! After grinding, fitting, regrinding, measuring, drilling, and screwing,

looks great when can I drop mine off:thumb:

Performance

Jup, just curious have you done any speed runs with the interior in place, is handling better worse?

Looks great,
Chuck

Jup, just curious have you done any speed runs with the interior in place, is handling better worse?

Looks great,
Chuck

Chuck, I haven't had the boat in the water since gutting the cockpit the middle of july. I'm curious myself to see how the boat will run with some weight back in the cabin.

Wish I was a little closer to walk around. Hard to find what I want when I don't know what I want.

Steve is that a fiberglass hatch behind the seat? Btw the interior is sweet, nice job on it!!:thumb:

Steve is that a fiberglass hatch behind the seat? Btw the interior is sweet, nice job on it!!:thumb:[/QUOT

Yes Rob, that's a fiberglass race hatch behind the rear seat. I need to decide if I'm going to pull it off the boat and re-gelcoat the hatch or cover it in padded vinyl....??? If I re-gelcoat the hatch in white I will get a large "Checkmate" sticker to go across the hatch or may the Checkmate "Knight" horse head logo.

Guys, I need advice on the vinyl colors for the combing panels that will close in the sides of the cockpit..Should I go solid white vinyl or a red stripe across the top and Carbon fiber on the bottom or solid Carbon fiber???

attachment.php

Back