• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Old Checkmate Molds

Here is what could be made from the old Convincer 242 molds, this deck has the molded in windshield.

l_8710213a606c43b082fcf072e8c8ab20.png

So that boat is a 260? it is styled right for the west coast with the molded windshield,
Could you construct them with marine lams and the deck glassed to the hull ?
Can the dash be modified to accept moster gages?
How much difference is that hull running bottom compared to like my 253?

MK

Got it. It was good talking to you, and I look forward to more.

Here are a couple of pictures of that boat.

l_d13155ae8f25468daf439e3338d3e7c7.png

Open bow, then closed deck below.
l_801598a3e289f5372d000a6f3a95656d.png

I thought the white boat bottom picture was a Stiletto or is Stiletto just an option package?

So that boat is a 260? it is styled right for the west coast with the molded windshield,
Could you construct them with marine lams and the deck glassed to the hull ?
Can the dash be modified to accept moster gages?
How much difference is that hull running bottom compared to like my 253?

MK
Deck glassed to the hull!!! Figured that, you west coast guys like your boats "capped".

Yea brother even though I am on the west coast I am still one of us. Can we send a midget down there to do the cap?

MK

Yea brother even though I am on the west coast I am still one of us. Can we send a midget down there to do the cap?

MK
After just a little more paperwork, I'll have a Mexican relative back in the family, so I might have that covered.

After spending all that time and trouble to do the gel graphics in the mold, I just hate, spray repairing a perfectly good paint job. I mean at that point, you might as well had just painted the boat one color, and put the graphics on after the "cap".

:brickwall:

Not that it doesn't look good when its done. And the 242 would look really good capped. The lines would really work with it.

Maybe, I'll have to mess around with photoshop again and see how it would look.

After just a little more paperwork, I'll have a Mexican relative back in the family, so I might have that covered.

After spending all that time and trouble to do the gel graphics in the mold, I just hate, spray repairing a perfectly good paint job. I mean at that point, you might as well had just painted the boat one color, and put the graphics on after the "cap".

:brickwall:

Not that it doesn't look good when its done. And the 242 would look really good capped. The lines would really work with it.

Maybe, I'll have to mess around with photoshop again and see how it would look.

I don't mean that, I mean build them the traditional way and just glass the inner seam together after the deck is joined to the hull the rub rail would still cover the seam on the outside. I sent you a pm spainin myself. That would be expensive and a lot more work.

MK

All this talk of fastening the "deck" to the hull threw me off at first, as I always considered the deck to be the thing that we walk on (and that's glassed to the hull by default). Then it dawned on me that everyone's talking about what I refer to as the cap.

In any case, I don't see where glassing the cap to the hull would make a boat any stronger than if 3M 5200 were used between the two parts and then they were properly fastened. There'd be a lot of surface area for that 5200 to grip, and once cured those two halves wouldn't be going nowhere, no matter how hard you hammerd on the boat.

Back