• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Old Checkmate Molds

Hey guy's , just somewhat getting ahead of this thread and maybe somewhat behind but ...............the truth of the matter is the hull can be bonded to the deck which is a very simple process that is ....... almost stupid because it is so easy to do .....or should i say a no brainer .

Last edited:
Hey guy's , just somewhat getting ahead of this thread and maybe somewhat behind but ...............the truth of the matter is the hull can be bonded to the deck which is a very simple process that is ....... almost stupid because it is so easy to do .....or should i say a no brainer .

Yep, the decks can very easily be bonded to the hulls. It was getting confused with west coast style "capping" which eliminates the rub rail area making it smooth on the outside. These molds just aren't set up for that. They are shoe box style. It can still be done, but more work than its worth.

One of only a couple things I thought were very cheaply done on my 185 Pulse was. Rivets! :pissed: And every one was pulling thru or oblonging (word?) out.

When I installed the cap I thru bolted every 3' and screwed every 4" into a wood backing plate as well as using the 5200. Boat is rock solid across some pretty good 1-2' chop with not a creek or groan!

Hopefully the factory is doing a bit more then jus rivets thru the shoebox fit still...

One of only a couple things I thought were very cheaply done on my 185 Pulse was. Rivets! :pissed: And every one was pulling thru or oblonging (word?) out.

When I installed the cap I thru bolted every 3' and screwed every 4" into a wood backing plate as well as using the 5200. Boat is rock solid across some pretty good 1-2' chop with not a creek or groan!

Hopefully the factory is doing a bit more then jus rivets thru the shoebox fit still...
That was the factory, and this time it will be me, and I won't decide exactly how I'll do it for another month or so.

The ground needs to dry up a bit more, still too soupy out there to relocate my stuff to the new shop. Not to mention the day I'm gonna have in knocking down prickly bushes.

Coop that's awesome you saved the molds. I read the hole thread I hope everything is working out for you and bisness has picked up. For some reason I can't see the pictures in here. Wish I lived closer I would love to give you a hand and learn more about building bots. Seams like it would be really cool to build a boat from nothing. Even cooler then restoring one yes there's something sed about putting a hart bead back in an old checkmate. But building a bran new checkmate a 2013 what ever model you have the molds for that's just fing bad a$$. Wish you luck. You don't happen to have any small mate molds.

Back