• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

OPTIMAX PRIME

God dang it man! That thing is awesome! I can't wait to see it completed. The paint is KILLER! Very nicely done!

Does any body know where i can get a 5" black wind scren for this boat at

Bravo..Checkmate had a windshield option for the boat (my boat has the windshield). If they can still get one you can have the glass tinted black and the windshield follows the "V" lines of the topdeck. Your boat turned out beautiful:drool:!! It will be the nicest 2800 left in existance:thumb:! If I had the $$$ I would strip my boat all the way down (like you did) and rebuild everything instead of piece meal work...it's a slow (but rewarding) process of rebuilding!! Looking forward to seeing the completion of your boat!!;)

Thanks Jup, I have the original windshield but I am not fond of the way it looks on my boat was thinking of a windscreen like the cigs have at about 5 inches high up front with it tapering down to nothing at about 36" back on the sides

Would a fiberglass windscreen from the 251 GTX re-run in the late 90's fit your deck? I know it was an option on those, CM might still have the mold for that. Something to think about anyways.

That's all I have for now ounce I move forward with the rigging/gauges I will post up more. Sorry about the slow progress, but this pesky business of mine always seems to get in the way of the fun projects, LOL.

Check ya later

Attachments

• 100_2861.jpg
    100_2861.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_2862.jpg
    100_2862.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_2863.jpg
    100_2863.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 112
Just my option but cover that wood. It all looks great and then theres the sore thumb with the cheap looking wood.

its any thing but cheap, but yes it will be covered ounce I have all my radio equipment in place

that is the only wood used in the interior and it is strictly for ease of mounting amps to but will have the gray colored carpet like the other side has ounce the tunes are installed.

Thats what I was hoping. Just said cheap looking compared to the rest. The boat looks great in and out.

Back