• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pop Up Cleats

DropTop5.0

I'm in search of some new cleats. Does anyone have any they like? I'm a little worried about them leaking. Any issues with that? I was going to add two new ones half way back to assist with mounting bumpers and more flexibility with tying off. :cheers:

I love mine, they come equipped with plastic drainage lines that drain to bilge. But I always to seem to leave at least one up somewhere thou ��

Swapped out the originals for pop us when the Liner was at the factory. I love mine. Much cleaner. Ski ropes don't snag on the corners anymore either. So I got that goin' for me...which is nice.

Yes they have a plastic cup and drain line to the bilge. I could not imagine having to cut them in though. They are an odd shape to cut in but could be done I guess.

installed them in my 251 years ago, used eddie marine ones, worked great just remember the drain pocket takes up some room, so make sure you are good there and have a way to run the drain, I used a small stainless thru hull drains that looked great and worked well

Ordered our 253 new in 1997
Didn't want bow rails or anything sticking out.
Even installed a flush mounted bow light.
It's so easy to wash and wax without anything in the way.
Haven't had any water get into the plastic cups or bilge.
I'm guessing they're Accon

005_zpse815d910.jpg

Back