• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Powerboat Mag / article on Convincor 300...

Kip Combs

This test of the Convincor 300 w / 525 EFI is out......March issue of Powerboat. Can never figure these tests out you give them a boat running solid 80 and it tests out a 76 ....go figure ! ...Kip

isnt that what happened w/ the OBX ? driver , load , or conditions ? i havent got my issue in the mail yet good to know it s in there !

Just out....

It's just out....we have advanced issue here @ shop. Subscribers should get it soon.There web site won't show test's until at least the following months issue is out, Kip.

Just got my issue today, can't wait to read the article! What ever the speed, great to see you guys in PB Mag!!! I will also say, even with their numbers of 76 mph, that is pretty repectable for a true 28 foot boat!! (not knocking, that is meant to be a compliment!!)

:bigthumb:

Just got my issue today, can't wait to read the article! What ever the speed, great to see you guys in PB Mag!!! I will also say, even with their numbers of 76 mph, that is pretty repectable for a true 28 foot boat!! (not knocking, that is meant to be a compliment!!)

:bigthumb:
I wish I could get that out of mine. The new ones must be lighter or something.

What did PB say about the boat? Here it is at our Fun Run last Fall-

Attachments

• 525.jpg
    525.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 77
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 78
What did PB say about the boat? Here it is at our Fun Run last Fall-

Nothing bad. They did say it was strictly a calm water boat though which surprised me. when I used to run these in the 90's for the dealership I worked at, I though they did very well in the rough slop on Lake Michigan. But maybe with the speed, they lost some rough water charictaristics...Just a though...

just got my issue today, they compliment the build quality and the new owners changes along with the respectable speed but do say it is a calm water boat. I think these guys have been riding in 40+ footers so long they forget how most boats handle big water.

Back