• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pulsare 2400 Speeds

JUPITER PULSARE

Thought I'd pick the brains of you 2400 owners. Two questions:

A) What kind of speeds do you think a Pulsare 2400 will run with a Verado 275??

B) What kind of speeds are you getting with your current setup??

It holds aprox 450lbs of fuel. Do you want loaded numbers or light fuel one person numbers?

Full of fuel 6 adults, gear, coolers 65. Myself and 1/3 tank 76 flat. I only tried that once tho. 77-78 wildman gets with a long deck and 19 inchs back. Right now I am 15.5 back

I have a 2400 BRX & when I had the Verado 300 Pro on it my best speed alone & 1/3 tank was 71 mph, with 5 pax on board cooler & toys it did 63, with my 400R now I do 81 alone & 74 average loaded, I'm at 12" of set back. I think with a Verado 275 hp it would do 67-69 empty & 60-62 average loaded.

I have a closed deck w/300XS. My best has ben 78.2 by myself. I've run right @ 70 with 5 people, full tank and 2 big ice chest, stainless bimini top(down) etc.. Run a 24" Trophy plus(worked) for anything over 2 people and 27 Tempest plus (thinned and worked) for 1 or 2 people and light load. Checked engine hours and I'm a little over 350 hours on rig and motor.

A friend has a 2400ld with a 350r verado and it runs 77. Likely more in it but have snot played with props yet. Set back is a 12" atlas lift

I have a 2400 BRX & when I had the Verado 300 Pro on it my best speed alone & 1/3 tank was 71 mph, with 5 pax on board cooler & toys it did 63, with my 400R now I do 81 alone & 74 average loaded, I'm at 12" of set back. I think with a Verado 275 hp it would do 67-69 empty & 60-62 average loaded.

I followed the same path as Hayabusa going from the 300 Pro Verado to the 400R and have very similar results. Right now I'm running 78 mph with a light load, 400R, and Bravo OB/F 24P. JJG has the 2400 LD and may have some similar numbers because he also started with the 300 Pro Verado and went to the 400R. I would think 25HP amongst friends is not much of a difference when you consider how each boat is loaded.:thumb:

I would agree the 2400 BRX with a Verado 275 HP should get close to 70 mph with light load.

To all of you guys: any chine walk at wotr.?

my bet is they all walk a bit but the driver can easily drive through it or compensate. the 2400 is a V which will walk at higher speeds but with proper set up and seat time no passenger will every notice.

To all of you guys: any chine walk at wotr.?

Yes i do have lite chine walk at high speed, starting at about 67-69 mph when I'm lite, at WOT it was a hand full when I'm alone & very lite I have now bought 3 20 lbs lead ingots & strategically place them for perfect balance & that has reduced chine walk significantly, non the less it's always present but to a lesser degree, very mucho fun to drive though :bigthumb: :lol: like ChuckB says: lite it chines, heavy stable & with the right set up you can minimize :cool:

Mine is set up mostly for skiing, so I'm on the slower end of the spectrum. Right at 61 with it full of gas, gear, and people. Too slow to chine walk - wife doesn't even yell to slow down.

I have had a few seasons with my 300xs powered 24LD now, runs an honest 74 well fueled with four ppl. Best to date in ideal conditions is 79.5 running a hydrolic setback 19" out. I like four blade props, so have done most trials with them. 27 bravo xs for everyday and a Hering 4 blade for top end. Boat will walk a bit but easy to drive. Keep us posted you Verado guys they sound like an interesting power option for this hull.

Hayabusa, we need to meet in WPB or Jupiter and go boating...

Back